Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Impulse buying can be easily treated in three easy steps;
  1. Basic Logic
  2. Basic Economics
  3. Basic Self-Control

That's not to say the occasional impulse buy is bad, but I'm talking about, say, a frappe, or a chocolate ice-cream cone, or an extra large fry instead of the medium.
Infact, if you can psychologically train yourself to only 'impulse buy' on frivolous and inexpensive things at long intervals it can help alleviate the desire to impulse buy on larger items.

I'm so glad basic Econ was a required course.....
Well-said, Mr. Kent. My wife and I are well-off, but it's not because we make a lot of money (okay, we do make good money), it's because we don't *spend* a lot of money. We're pretty tight with a buck and we're careful and savvy shoppers. That said, we agree that neither of us can buy anything over $50 unless both of us know about it and agree to it; and 'structuring' (e.g. she buys three separate balls of expensive angora wool yarn instead of all three at once) is not allowed.

We've been together almost 20 years, and though we have fights just like any other couple, they never seem to be over money.

Dr. Quarkie's prescription: Go ahead and buy a few bucks' worth of CP (like <$10) and spend 'em on the boxes if you really want to. Indulge yourself a little; it's the holidays. But don't spend any more than that on the boxes because you'll feel guilty if you do and you don't get the really hot-spit item you want. My wife worked as a change girl in a Reno casino for a couple of years in college, and she knows as well as any Ferengi that The House Always Wins.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I am 100% behind you OP. I have dealt with PWI and I know full well how they do their dirty work. This is absolutely classic PWE marketing and nothing more. Usually though, they do not offer something quiiiite as awesome as an OP ship but I guess they just do not actually know the value of that sort of thing in STO yet. They will figure it out later.
yeah, there is nothing we can do - but i feel that i need to warn my fellow trekkers (especially those of them that are playing an mmo for the first time) of how things will work.

not to stop them from using the c-store, but to just remember that they need to read the fine print etc etc
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
i think common sense could fit all those lol
Common sense is highly uncommon though
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Well-said, Mr. Kent. My wife and I are well-off, but it's not because we make a lot of money (okay, we do make good money), it's because we don't *spend* a lot of money. We're pretty tight with a buck and we're careful and savvy shoppers. That said, we agree that neither of us can buy anything over $50 unless both of us know about it and agree to it; and 'structuring' (e.g. she buys three separate balls of expensive angora wool yarn instead of all three at once) is not allowed.

We've been together almost 20 years, and though we have fights just like any other couple, they never seem to be over money.

Dr. Quarkie's prescription: Go ahead and buy a few bucks' worth of CP (like <$10) and spend 'em on the boxes if you really want to. Indulge yourself a little; it's the holidays. But don't spend any more than that on the boxes because you'll feel guilty if you do and you don't get the really hot-spit item you want. My wife worked as a change girl in a Reno casino for a couple of years in college, and she knows as well as any Ferengi that The House Always Wins.
Does she have a sister!? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Common sense is highly uncommon though
not when it comes out in the lotto boxes!

but yeah, these days it is very rare. but saying "very rare sense" dosnt have the same ring to it :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
Does she have a sister!? :p
Afraid not, just a brother.

I'll make you more jealous. She shops for shoes on eBay. And routinely scores what she wants for 80+ percent off retail.

Ah luvs mah wife.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
There =/= Their
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
Firstly, this is NOT cryptics fault at all, PWE has allways made the lottory boxes there signature deals on all there games. if you want to blame anyone, its them.
As a wholly owned subsidiary Cryptic is PWE. They are Perfect World employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
Secondly, if we go by other PWE games, DON'T expect to see these "rare" chance items to appear as a stand alone item in the C-store - it's never happend on any of PWE's games that i have played EVER.
Champions Online. The Halloween event. Transform devices initially released via grab bag. Released later that same month as a combo. Guaranteed to get all three plus an account unlock for a travel power exclusive to one of them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
As a wholly owned subsidiary Cryptic is PWE. They are Perfect World employees.



Champions Online. The Halloween event. Transform devices initially released via grab bag. Released later that same month as a combo. Guaranteed to get all three plus an account unlock for a travel power exclusive to one of them.
If PWE is trying to bridge the East and West MMO markets, then this is certainly plausible. I can't imagine a ship as rare as this being anything other than a pain -- you won't be able to go into PvP without getting immediate and permanent aggro. The oppo team won't care about winning; the priority is gonna be to take that ship out.

If it becomes purchasable (by any means), it won't be as bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Afraid not, just a brother.

I'll make you more jealous. She shops for shoes on eBay. And routinely scores what she wants for 80+ percent off retail.

Ah luvs mah wife.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
There =/= Their
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
As a wholly owned subsidiary Cryptic is PWE. They are Perfect World employees.



Champions Online. The Halloween event. Transform devices initially released via grab bag. Released later that same month as a combo. Guaranteed to get all three plus an account unlock for a travel power exclusive to one of them.
yes, but when people refer to cryptic on here it normally means the devs,artists,community reps and the likes...not the people who TELL THEM WHAT TO PUT THE PRICES UP FOR.

"Cryptic" have made there fair share of faults, and i have been on there case before - but this time people are lashing out at the wrong side, yes cryptic is PWE - but in terms of the old team, the people we got to know...no its not

infact they are probly just as angry at this as we are, since they wont be getting paid anymore than they allready was.

just think about it.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 AM.