Lt. Commander
# 11
12-09-2011, 01:13 PM
I guess I can understand the concern. Considering that the chance of getting a Red Present is almost nil (I've never spoken to anyone that has won one from the race), I don't really see what the exploit is. If they're willing to run that race 100 times, and get nothing but blues and greens, well that's not that big a deal. Sure they might get some purple or blue gear... but that's the best they can get, and the time might be better spent in an STF. The Red Ticket is so unlikely, and the time spent quite a gamble in itself, I personally don't see the concern. Considering how many Klingons many of us have levelled to max, and gotten no recompense for the level shift in any way, I really don't see this as an exploit either. Would I do this? No. Then again, I have so many characters, I wouldn't need to.

Ultimately though don't sweat it. Just have to run circles around KDF on the same starter mission. It gets lame after the umpteenth time, but what ya gonna do? (This is why I want them to create more content. After you've done a mission ten, twenty, thirty, fifty, or eighty times... you just want something new to do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
It's already been stated: Players were created new characters, running the race, sending the prize to their main, deleting the character and doing it all over again.

It was an exploit, plain and simple, and had to be patched to prevent abuse.
Ok, so as asked before. What of the Klingons who actually did some work on their characters, got to Com1, got a bump of 1 level and now can't participate? These are people who actually took the time to grind out levels on their own before this level boost for Klingons went live and now THEY are being penalized.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Well... I find the level restriction itsself makes sense but.,.

Honestly. Beside the fact that this exploit could not have been more foreseable, People made that to get a higher chance for red pachages as rewards... the crap that is in the rest of the boxes has next to no value and can be easyöy grindet without exploiting during that event.
Even while exploiting people have to go though the character creation, the tutoriel fight and the race just for a ca 1% chance to get a package that gives a 1 % chance for that ship that shouldnt be available that way in the first place.

And for all that.... and after doing that again and again during the last week... they turn of the servers AGAIN during the best playing time on a Friday evening in Europe.

*applaus* Greaaaat! Heros.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
It's already been stated: Players were created new characters, running the race, sending the prize to their main, deleting the character and doing it all over again.

It was an exploit, plain and simple, and had to be patched to prevent abuse.
Even the fix allows people to do it once an hour, doesn't it? Howabout lowering the mission cooldowns on the race? You could tweak loot tables accordingly if the bean counters insist but it's a shame for so much cool work to go into a zone/event we only get a few minutes of enjoyment out of a day.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm a bit annoyed that my Klingon (who I haven't started playing as yet) isn't able to compete in the event anymore, but yeah.. it literally took me about five seconds to figure out why it was changed. Blame the exploiters, not the developers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Ok, so as asked before. What of the Klingons who actually did some work on their characters, got to Com1, got a bump of 1 level and now can't participate? These are people who actually took the time to grind out levels on their own before this level boost for Klingons went live and now THEY are being penalized.
Yeah, well, I think that transition was mishandled and we should have gotten a bump UP of 25 levels, not reset at Commander 1 regardless of whether we were level 5 or level 29.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Even the fix allows people to do it once an hour, doesn't it? Howabout lowering the mission cooldowns on the race? You could tweak loot tables accordingly if the bean counters insist but it's a shame for so much cool work to go into a zone/event we only get a few minutes of enjoyment out of a day.
You can only do the race once every 20 hours per toon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Yeah, well, I think that transition was mishandled and we should have gotten a bump UP of 25 levels, not reset at Commander 1 regardless of whether we were level 5 or level 29.
This.
The transition completely and utterly invalided any and all effort players had put into leveling any sub-Cmdr 1 character.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-09-2011, 01:22 PM
What level do Federation characters have to be to participate in the event..?

Lets see if some feddy players can also exploit this shall we?

(****ED!)
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSnowblind View Post
I'm a bit annoyed that my Klingon (who I haven't started playing as yet) isn't able to compete in the event anymore, but yeah.. it literally took me about five seconds to figure out why it was changed. Blame the exploiters, not the developers.
No. I blame the developers for coming up with one of the worst possible solutions.