Lt. Commander
# 21
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
You can only do the race once every 20 hours per toon.
I think he's saying once an hour because that's about how quick a KDF character can be gotten to level 25.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
This.
The transition completely and utterly invalided any and all effort players had put into leveling any sub-Cmdr 1 character.
Yeah, I'm surprised they all just got bumped up to the new started level without any compensation for existing levels. Even if they only gave you half or a quarter of your previous levels on top of the new starting point, that at least would have been something.

What they should have done is taken your character's percentage of progress toward max-level, and compressed it into the new level range. All characters would get boosted proportionately.
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
It's already been stated: Players were created new characters, running the race, sending the prize to their main, deleting the character and doing it all over again.

It was an exploit, plain and simple, and had to be patched to prevent abuse.

You know what the worst thing about this is?

Many of my Klingons were legitimately leveled up to Commander before the Season 5 roll out. but now because of this I have to grind 3 more levels on each of them before I can participate in the event. Yay for cheaters!

Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by myt00n
I think he's saying once an hour because that's about how quick a KDF character can be gotten to level 25.
Aaahh.... understand.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
I guess I can understand the concern. Considering that the chance of getting a Red Present is almost nil (I've never spoken to anyone that has won one from the race)...
Got one on my first race (never even hit the sprint button, took the whole course at a snail's pace, which makes me think that finishing time has nothing to do with your reward), then nothing but greens on my next nine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Ok, so as asked before. What of the Klingons who actually did some work on their characters, got to Com1, got a bump of 1 level and now can't participate?
They can't leave an obvious exploit open to the masses. While there may be a few fringe cases that don't come out ahead here that's something that will just have to be lived with. The fact is you could easily crank out three levels before tomorrow in this game, and these changes have been live for over a week.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
You can only do the race once every 20 hours per toon.
Right. And while raising the level requirement prevents people from deleting a toon and instantly creating a new one to farm rewards, they can still farm the rewards about once an hour with the level raise.

The fix doesn't remove the exploit. The fix only changes it from instant to something people can do hourly. Unless Cryptic considers that fair, in which case, I may do that after the ridiculous amount I spent going for the ship if that is deemed okay and not an exploit. (I didn't spend what some people did but I did blow $30 in credit from dilithium and stipend plus real money too.(

Though, really, I'd rather just play around at endgame and hit up the Q event hourly but if the implicit rule is that it's okay to delete a character, level up to Lt. 6, run the race, mail the present, delete the character, level up to 6, run the race, etc. then I would feel entitled to do that if Cryptic is giving their blessing to that approach with this fix.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
They can't leave an obvious exploit open to the masses. While there may be a few fringe cases that don't come out ahead here that's something that will just have to be lived with. The fact is you could easily crank out three levels before tomorrow in this game, and these changes have been live for over a week.
So what you are saying is that players like this guy below don't matter and have to live w/ it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

You know what the worst thing about this is?

Many of my Klingons were legitimately leveled up to Commander before the Season 5 roll out. but now because of this I have to grind 3 more levels on each of them before I can participate in the event. Yay for cheaters!

Lt. Commander
# 28
12-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
So what you are saying is that players like this guy below don't matter and have to live w/ it.
Yup.

When you have the choice of ****ing everyone or ****ing a couple of people you **** a couple of people because it's the best you can do with what you've got.

That's life. It's rarely fair for everyone involved. You accept it and deal or you go back to bed, curl up into the foetal position, and stay there forever.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-09-2011, 01:36 PM
If all the people complaining had gone and leveled instead, they'd be up to level 25 by now.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Yup.

When you have the choice of ****ing everyone or ****ing a couple of people you **** a couple of people because it's the best you can do with what you've got.

That's life. It's rarely fair for everyone involved. You accept it and deal or you go back to bed, curl up into the foetal position, and stay there forever.
Sorry but this isn't life this is an MMO and THAT is a paying customer. His work shouldn't be trivialized or unvalidated.