Lt. Commander
# 11
12-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Woot? 500? ... i cry to lost 180 ... we realy sponsored Cryptic for Years with one Event.
But hey after this... i never spend money anymore, i have a LT so i get my 400c every month.
140 LT + 90 nice Stuff+ 180 Crap = Enouth Money spend for long time.
LT to get C points or get it with Dil(veeeery slow) are enouth for me, they had gain much more money from me but if we need to spend 500 to get a ship thats called "rare" and not "Ultraexoticrare" i dont wanna spend only 1 cent.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Buyer Be Ware
12-10-2011, 04:38 AM
First they found out we were willing to drop 25 dollars to rent a virtual ship. That's right we don't own it and as the Excelsior has shown us they can change the ship we "buy" at the drop of a hat just like a rental.

Now this. They have just found out that there are those among us who will drop 500 dollars on the chance to win an "OP" ship.

Y'all ever hear of the thing called positive reinforcement?

Given the success of this "promo" you can bet that the VAST majority of new ships introduced to this game will now be through this lottery system.

But hey you did contribute to the future of this game, (then again our sub/F2P CP purchases are supposed to do that)... More like to Jackalope's Christmas bonus.

Forgive my cynicism, but 500 dollars for a single ship on a single toon. Next new shiny uniform will cost $125.00 USD per character because they now know what the market will truly bear. What's that like 85-90 quid?
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-10-2011, 07:52 AM
I have a baaaad feeling about this... Maybe its a Stresstest to see what cost they can set for Upcoming Content.
Its realy possible they make it like Dc Universe. U want additional Content? Buy it!
I dont know if they realy make something like, Romulan or other planed Races realy free in the future.

If this is a stresstest ... the costs will rise badly.. we give them realy too many for "maybe" 1 ship
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I hope they stick to their mantra of not charging for additional content. I'm also a lifer and played all the beta. The game has come a long way since then. Hopefully PWE can grow this game and keep it going...indefintely

From past experiences Cryptic never keeps anything purely "exclusive" (except for the Liberated Borg for Lifers). I remember gifting 5 copies of the game and 1 month's sub just to get the Galaxy X...then it ended up in the C-Store. The only difference with the Jem'Hadar ship is it is happening under PWE....they may actuallly keep this thing exclusive and keep it out of the C-Store.

From a cannon point of view....there's no way Starfleet would permanently assign a captain and crew to a Jem'Hadar attack ship....can you imagine making first contact in one of those? I could see it happen for a special mission or something, but it's not something they would be assigned to on a regular basis.

Regardless, would be great to get the ship. Guess I'll try the old fashion way and do some laps at the Wonderland. If the ship eventually shows up in the C-store, great! (but I'll only buy it if it's an account-wide unlock)
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
I try to make 450 - 600 mil to buy it in the exchange ... if there one left in 3 or 4 month
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I agree that this is getting out of hand... I have spent around 20k Cpoints, and have not gotten this ship.

Cryptic, are you purposefully running the game into the nearest black hole?

You should be ashamed for doing this Cryptic. It's very shady, and probaly borderline if not illegal in some countries.

Had this been done in my country, you would most likely be talking to the government, or even worse trying to explain this to the Police, since it would in all likeliehood be illegal...
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I believe the compromise that I proposed would be a fair method to make everyone happy, it does no hinder the company if every player has one. I remember it being said that with it be rare you would not be seeing many, but does it really matter? The storyline makes the character you play the hero of the story, with that in mind if one person can get it technically all can be the hero that gets the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
This is getting out of hand !

I think It's time to give CBS my thoughts on this matter. Let's see if they approve of the Star Trek scratch ticket.
In other news this week: Yes.

http://trekmovie.com/2011/12/09/new-...cratcher-game/
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I've said this more times than I care to count, but the algorythm they are usuing means the probability of getting the ship works out to about 200 people will actually get it. As for them listening to us and increasing the likely hood that we will get it, read the little rectangle box below this text.....
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaelDuin

Facepalm .................. lol