Lt. Commander
# 21
12-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Cryptic does no longer have much to say for development. Their new PW masters tell them how to do the game and according to PWs history the company is in for the cash, not fun.
Lt. Commander
# 22 No No No
12-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kherminu View Post
Dear Cryptic Staff,
I know myself and many others have spent thousand of CP trying to get the ship with no luck. I know the ship is intended to be rare, but in fairness I think that after a certain amount of points have been spent on trying to attain the ship a bound version of the attack ship should be given to the account. Only one for an entire account seems fair and it is bound so it cannot be used for profit, but at least it would be possible to get the ship without going broke. The most expensive ship in the c-store is 2000cp, I would propose that after spending 3000-4000 points a player should be given the bound version I mentioned before. If a player wanted the ship for more than one character they could continue to try to obtain more and they would still not be as populous as other ships just for the fact that they are rare and only one character per account could attain it as a sure thing, but at a cost higher than even any c-store ships which can be used for every character on an account.

I hope you will take this into consideration, I am sure other players would agree that this is a fair compromise because I know one person said they spent 28,000 cp and have not received a ship.

-Vice Admiral Asar, Dedicated Lifetimer
No No No

Your basically asking them to put the ship up for sale but the player gets lots of other freebies while buying it and doing so in installements.

Just that idea could be very bad news for them. What happens if a player runs out of money before making their final purchase?

What happens if a player fails to make the final purchase before the 1st of January?

What upset would it cause when a player wants to obtain the ship FREE like we can now but people like you have convinced Cryptic to change it thus upsetting players like myself still hoping to get a true holiday gift for nothing?

What do players do once they have the ship, do they get to give it as a gift which is the whole point of the gift item or is it treated just like any c-store ship unlock?

Who deals with the new complaint of having to "pay" for the ship for far more than other ships? That would happen, players like you are never happy and are self centered.

Do you consider any of these issues and what a headache they could cause? Where right now we have a simple c-store seasonal package, it is optional and you buy a gift not a ship.

I bet Cryptic never to let players like yourself get your own way because you would spoil the fun. The fun is the fact the ship is super rare, the fun is the possibility of getting a present/gift worth a lot and getting it free like gifts should be.

Shame on you people for trying to obtain everything and get your hands on everything. Want want want greed greed greed, go listen to Band Aid 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM
So, Zypher, I have two questions for you.

One, how many boxes did it take you to get the ship?

Secondly, if you get a second ship will you "gift" it to me for free in the spirit of gift-giving?

Yeah, didn't think so.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Ah zypher my friend. I see u still posting useless comments and give a sh. On Players they don't get One.
Im a realist, i know cryptic will Never give us the Ship easy after they make it ultrasuperexoticrare. And i don't want it anymore. I only want something like a present for the Mega waste of Money for getting trash that noone wanted to buy in the store.
A nice idea is to make a trader on Christmas that give u something usefull for the crap of the Giftboxes. What i do with 50 pets?? Sell? Good joke they Not the time worth to sell in the exchange.
And if u say there is a trader in winterwonderland... I speaking of something usefull not totaly crap Boots.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
This is getting out of hand !

And around the holidays no less !

The damned thing should have been in the C store straight out. It was the ultimate lure to get people to buy these digital scratch tickets. Working as intended ! Is this how we are going to obtain the Enterprise F?

This digital gambling/money grab preys on people's compulsive behaviors. There are kids who play this game for Pete's sake! Is this REALLY where OUR game is going? Internet gambling now too? Where are you going to draw the line?
I'd like to actually know what the odds of getting this ship was. One in WHAT ?

I think It's time to give CBS my thoughts on this matter. Let's see if they approve of the Star Trek scratch ticket.

Cryptic I know you have to make money, and I'll support you financially you as best as I can, when you actually sell me the ship. But I'm through with these grab bags. Loosing is not fun. Restricting new items that some players will NEVER get by ANY means, is not fun.

i finnaly won a ship i had to reset the cap on cryptic points a few times but yea i agree u should not have this type of behavior in a game that is aimed at everyone.

if they are adding gambling to the game they would need to state the fact. on the box of the game it should say involes gambling and the age limit it should also be added to terms and conditions.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I spent way WAY too much trying to get that ship to no avail. it really WAS a terrible way to go about it, but frankly they knew it would turn out this way. To make matters worse they actually probably just sat back and laughed as the money rolled in and even went on a podcast saying "thanks to all those CRAZY people" in reguards to those who spent way too much.