Lt. Commander
# 31
08-12-2009, 06:24 PM
A highly enjoyable read. Some interesting prospects on the horizon. Mysterious ships, readings, possible Klingon civil strife, and now the Federation is beginning to feel the strain of covering so much space with limited ships and personnel. Things are heating up.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks yet again, Kestrel. Much to mull over here, all of it good.

Very much appreciated,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedge View Post
Another well done writeup... except the last paragraph. Starfleet Academy accepts anyone who meets the requirements, Worf, Data, Bajorans attended Starfleet Academy. There are also more then one way to become an officer.
Here is the last paragraph. Having not read the books I can't be sure, but I read this as a hit to the last few sentences.

Quote:
And, citing the success of the extremely diverse crews of the U.S.S. Titan and her sister ships, Starfleet assigns a committee to consider expanding the admission standards at Starfleet Academy to provide more opportunities for races that are formally allied with the Federation but are not full member worlds. "Not everyone knows a Starfleet captain and can get a personal recommendation," said spokesperson Marie Durant. "That doesn’t mean they wouldn't be fine officers."
I'm guessing there is something in the books about the Titan that explains what this is about.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I really enjoyed this!

The world Jevonite was included so that will make one band of terrorists on the forum very happy
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Awesome! Really liked this installment, there's an awful lot going on in 2391 it seems! A little sad we've not heard what the Defiant's been up to - that baby would be a major statement patrolling one of the borders and would free up some other ships!
Lt. Commander
# 36 Qapla'!!!
08-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothan View Post
It would seem the Federation has grown too big for its britches. Perhaps it needs to lose some mass.

Qapla' my merc ally! Join me in some Bloodwine before we march off to war!
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
I really enjoyed this!

The world Jevonite was included so that will make one band of terrorists on the forum very happy
LOL - you never know when the notorious double-headed dragon snake is watching!
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Here is the last paragraph. Having not read the books I can't be sure, but I read this as a hit to the last few sentences.

I'm guessing there is something in the books about the Titan that explains what this is about.
Theres not, I've read them...it's just cryptics way of trying to Explain all the player created races....without realizing any race could already join Starfleet
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichent View Post
Theres not, I've read them...it's just cryptics way of trying to Explain all the player created races....without realizing any race could already join Starfleet
They realized it. However it is more difficult for non-Federation races to join. We don't know all the processes but one process is having an officer recommend you. In the Nog episode it said specifically Captain I believe though as said the conversation between Garak and Worf would seem to suggest it could be any officer.

Maybe Starfleet is just making it easier. Maybe Nog's only choice was Sisko for some reason (he didn't live by an Academy) much like how for some idiotic reason Wesley Crusher was limited when he wanted to join (even though it looks like enlisting is pretty much 'sign me up!' and you're in the classes. :p
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-12-2009, 08:47 PM
woo, i ike i like!! more please