Lt. Commander
# 11
12-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrion
...Just to verify, you were able to get both the Title unlock and the Ship slot unlock on each character ? They're different unlocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi
so you got 2 new ship slots on each char?

"you character cannot use this item" it says in C-Store when I check on a Fed Char the Level 51 reward for leveling up a Klingon Character
To be clear, when I said I was able to claim the rewards on "20 of my characters (from both factions)", I meant the 20 characters were a mix of Feds and KDFs, but they each only got one faction-specific reward-set.

The way I remember it, when I went into the C-Store > Items menu, in-game, there was a single Level 51 Reward for each Fed and KDF. I was able to claim the Fed L51 Reward with my Feds, the KDF one with my KDF toons. Each faction-specific L51 was an individual reward that granted both the title and the extra ship slot. At no point did I see these rewards (the title/slot) as separate claimable items in the C-Store.

As I claimed the faction-specific reward for any given character, log text was displayed: a two-line yellow system message in the chat window, the one line granting a title, the other a ship slot.

I changed titles on one character (Fed), and checked the KDF title on another (to verify the existance of the underscore in the actual list of titles). I did not actually go to the ship yard on any toon to verify the slot addition, mainly because I'm not sure what their slot counts were prior to the reward.

So yeah, in summary:
I found the L51 Reward in the C-Store for each faction, claimable once by each character, which resulted in each of my characters getting one title and one ship slot.
I hope that answers your questions.

Edit -
So each of my 20 characters, in total, received:
1x Tribble.
1x Title.
1x Ship Slot.
1x Blue Romulan DOff (T1 Reward).
2x Purple DOffs (T2 & 3 Rewards).

By choice, my one main Fed character received 80k Refined Dilithium. My main KDF also received 80k Dil. These rewards were individual, and only those two characters (one each faction) got those.

I also have two as yet unclaimed 8hr XP Rewards, one for each faction. I recall these are for a also single-claimable items for an individual character, and since I'm not really in a "power leveling" mood, I'll save them for a time I am.

...All-in-all, not a bad haul. The Tribble and DOffs were my favorite items. I really love the flavor text on the DOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
ok understood

as much I understand Stephen D'Angelos post quoted few posts earlier it should be like:

Claim L51 Klingon reward on each char (Fed and KDF)
Claim L51 Fed reward on each char (Fed and KDF)

resulting in 2 ship slots and 2 Titels on each of your account characters no matter what faction.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
cheers, dont think i got anything but its nice when we get told things
We were told on November 3rd what we would get for testing, everybody had about a month to level up a character or 2 on Tribble to get all of the rewards....

This time you actually got what you were told you were getting......
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi
ok understood

as much I understand Stepehn D'Angelos post quoted few posts earlier it should be like:

Claim L51 Klingon reward on each char (Fed and KDF)
Claim L51 Fed reward on each char (Fed and KDF)

resulting in 2 ship slots and 2 Titels on each of your account characters no matter what faction.
I can see how you'd have interpereted his blog that way. Honestly, I thought it might be that way too back when I first read the reward blogs.

However, once I saw Cryptic was being, to put it bluntly, "cheap" and making the Dil and XP Booster items single-claimables, I just knew they were gonna segregate the rewards by faction. I can kinda see the stingy Dil rewarding considering the represented "fragility" of their Dil/CP Economy , but gimping the XP Booster? That doesn't make any sense to me (even if I wouldn't really use them... Thought that counts and all that...).

Turned out, that reward-skimping is why I stopped testing after I reached the minimal requirements. Had Cryptic been more generous with their pixels, I'd have been more generous with my time. As is, they got many days worth from me, and I'm content and pleased with my rewards. Win-win.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't require faction-specific DOff leveling/rewards too. Having all my lowbies start off with 20 lame whites, but a blue and two purples will "forever" be a nice perk.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I can see how you'd have interpereted his blog that way. Honestly, I thought it might be that way too back when I first read the reward blogs.

However, once I saw Cryptic was being, to put it bluntly, "cheap" and making the Dil and XP Booster items single-claimables, I just knew they were gonna segregate the rewards by faction. I can kinda see the stingy Dil rewarding considering the represented "fragility" of their Dil/CP Economy , but gimping the XP Booster? That doesn't make any sense to me (even if I wouldn't really use them... Thought that counts and all that...).

Turned out, that reward-skimping is why I stopped testing after I reached the minimal requirements. Had Cryptic been more generous with their pixels, I'd have been more generous with my time. As is, they got many days worth from me, and I'm content and pleased with my rewards. Win-win.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't require faction-specific DOff leveling/rewards too. Having all my lowbies start off with 20 lame whites, but a blue and two purples will "forever" be a nice perk.

yeah the DOff rewards are fine

But about the ship slots I just cannot see any interpretation going on about a clear statement like this one:

"An exclusive title and one free Starship Slot for getting at least one Federation character to level 51 (does not count transferred characters). These are available for all characters on the account"

nothing to interpret it just sais plain and clear as all the other items are clearly stated to be per char or per account (like the XP Boost for example)

Well lets see what they come up with once they are aware of it..
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
The Tribble Test Awards are live!

Everyone who earned rewards for their testing on Tribble should have received them by now.
Now here’s how you get them!

Via the in-game C-store:
  • Open the C-store by clicking on the icon at the bottom left of the minimap.
  • Along the left-hand side of the window, click on Items.
  • Select the item and click Claim.

Via the web store:
If you need a refresher on the specifics of the awards, you can find that information here: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2674

Thanks for the rewards. Got them without hassle, first try. Definitely worth the time put in on tribble. Hell, you probably overpaid me!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the rewards, from the lowest tier tribbles to the higher tier doffs!
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Those DOff rewards are nifty, especially since I get them for each character. It's nice to get some useful stuff for spending a lot of time testing.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-09-2011, 06:47 PM
What about the unique titles we're supposed to get as well?
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
What about the unique titles we're supposed to get as well?
Dimensional Hero

I like it. I currently set the titles for all my characters to "Frosty", though, because of the holiday event.