Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
someone said the cure ground and that it has to be on elite, is this true? and where does this info come from? is there anywhere I can reach where each salvage item drops?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2011, 09:04 AM
The officer on DS9 that exchanges your loot for requisitions tell you what comes from where.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2011, 09:10 AM
oh so she does. it also says if you don't get the drop to save up the EDC's, but from what I can tell you can't even buy the prototype equipment with EDC's, no matter how many, only up to the Elite items (40 EDC's?) so basically if I want the ground prototype weapon I have to run the cure, possibly the worst STF over and over on elite and hope the item drops, and hope that when it does drop, I manage to win it out of the other 4 people that need on it?

yeah I don't think so cryptic. good job SWTOR comes out in a few days.
Lt. Commander
The STF set gear items ONLY drop in the loot bags at the end of the mission, so you never have to need/greed roll for them, if they come up. Of course, they are rare, so the grind is still pretty hefty. On the other hand, the MKXII version if this item is only a marginal upgrade over the MKXI version, which you can get for 40 Encrypted Data Chips. Since EDC drop from every STF, you can grind those out strictly in space, if you want.

Overall, though, yes, it is a grind - but at least it only requires that you finish the basic Elite STFs, you don't have to finish the optional.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Intrepidox i want that ship in STO!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquis View Post
me too, maquis, me too.

are you listening cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
me too, maquis, me too.

are you listening cryptic?
Me Too !!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-10-2011, 02:47 PM
The Mk XII gear is not much better than the MK XI gear. However, the MK XII has the entire armour visuals, and looks the coolest.

Pretty stupid they did that if you ask me. They had a good idea going, with the ranks of the organization and all; but the ruined it when they made the last rank near impossible to attain.

Plus it makes no sense that the veterans of the organization don't have the whole armour set (visual wise)... Do I have to RUN the organization to have a full set?

What's with the NPC "veterans" that wear the full set (again visual wise) (which we all want) and not the player's veteran armour (which is the one we get, and not the one we want)?

Ug, I hope it get's changed.
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Shield Tech drops in Infected Space
Personal Shield tech in Infected Ground
Engine tech in Cure space
Weapon tech in Cure ground
Deflector tech in Khitomer space
Personal armor tech Khitomer ground

Common, ie Common tech, Encrypted Data Chips (EDC) and Rare Borg Salavge will drop on Normal.
The really good stuff, the prototype tech, (for the Mk XII gear) will only drop in the Elite versions.

And yeah, one of the vendors on DS9 will tell you all that, too.