Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Lots of changes, expected amount of glitches, lag, doff system, revamped skill tree- I don't like them all but I can manage & work my way around them. You have messed with my passives- you have crossed the line there Cryptic. I can adjust to the repurposed science consoles, I can adjust to the new skill tree, I can adjust to the new weapons- I cannot adjust my passives, which you have changed without my permission. Start writing the software now you need to introduce FREE PASSIVE RESPECS! It is not allright to change passive skills the way you have. We worked our butts off building/designing/training our captains & you go & change their passive values, because you redesigned the skill tree? I understand you had to change things because of the completely new skill tree (that was not what we asked for btw), but how can you do this & not foresee the need for people to be able to adjust their passives, passives that no longer fit their build/style? I know I am not alone on this & I know people are complaining & demanding GM help on this. Seriosly, how could you not see this one comming? We bought the game, we paid for subscriptions, we designed & skilled up our captains & you think it's OK to just come in & change what we built without giving us an option to adjust? Think again guys & get on that software we'll need to change our passives to something we can use. I really don't care how hard it is, YOU OWE IT TO US, PERIOD. You have crossed the line on this one & you had better get on this or you are going to loose even more players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I haven't even looked at that yet as I have toons hung up and won't load now because they are in ESD. I really hope your joking because I cannot fathom a game company actually screwing with abilitys to an extent where they are totally diferent then when they were choosen by the player for the build without the abilty to choose different one. Cryptic gets paid by us the community something like that would would run players off out of disgust.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Seems a bit weird that they've never offered passive re-choosing by way of tokens before, like with re-name and re-train tokens. I wonder if their engine even allows it once your character is written into the database. Seems a bit weird that it shouldn't be as easy as a re-name or re-train.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Absolutely agree with Borthan....the changing of passives is WAY OUT OF BOUNDS! If you do something of this nature you either give the player a way to respec his character or you leave the passives alone in the first place and find other work arounds in game. I didn't ask you to change my characters design for me did I? Did you guys honestly think we wouldn't notice or not care that you've changed them? On astrophysicist its not apples to apples, its apples to oranges and that skill no longer fits any of the various characters I had been using it on anymore....its a completely worthless passive for me now. If I had know this I'd have used accuracy or elusive but certainly something more useful than what it is now. You could have just reduced overall operations to plus eight if you wanted to nerf it, same with efficient captain, or you could have come up with something that was at least in the same ballpark...the new passive for astrophysicist is on a soccer field somewhere in Timbuktu.

Seriously...do any of you guys at Cryptic even play this game? THIS IS A BIG DEAL!! I can work around other game changes, I can't work around you changing my passives for me! I wouldn't leave the game for redesigned content and such...but turning MY toons which I work hard on, and am attached to, that were well thought out, and turn them into something useless is something that may prompt me to take my money elsewhere if this isn't rectified very soon!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Sorry....please clarify what you mean by passives....do you mean traits. If so I agree, we need a retrait.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Passives are the traits that you give your character at the time of character creation, first screen where you choose ground and space abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 02:43 AM
I agree, we need a respec for traits/passives.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Jep, this needs to be done, and soon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2011, 04:26 AM
I can agree on a traits respec.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Jep, this needs to be done, and soon.
That needet to be done next to 2 years ago...