Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Shipyard
12-10-2011, 11:42 AM
I have taken a walk around the Ship yard, and the main area is good, but still has room for improvement. Instead of having three BOPs in a haphazard layout, it would be nice if the ships were aligned symetrically. In addition, it would be nice to see some of the other ships such as the K'Tanco, Vor'Cha, and a raptor in addition to the B'Rel. It would also be great to actually walk out to the ships. This could be a good way to board our ship and immediatly exit to sector space(or use the transport to exit to sector space, and the docked ship to exit to planetary system map).
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Compared to ESD the current Klingon shipyard looks rather tiny, especially when it is supposed to be one of the most important hubs for ships in the Empire.
Even though it makes sense that we as the players should not have access to as much room on the inside because unlike ESD there is little for us to do on that station, I think it could be set up to be a bit more credible as far as importance goes.

Well, I did design a station a little over half a year ago which is a bit...*ahme* bigger than the current one.
And I also set it up that in theory a look out of the window would show a somewhat more varied array of ships.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=155
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Yup, I agree that there is no much to do, but there is much potential for that location.

If we could walk up close and personal to the ships on the bridge pylons, I would suggest that players should be able to "fall" off the bridges into space (where they die, and have to respawn by the transporters.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-11-2011, 01:17 AM
HMM, how would we be able to get there?

I mean if it works in any way similar to the tunnels at an airport we'd only get close to the ships from inside those tunnels. And you can't fall out of those unless you open the airlock.
To get "on top" you'd equally need to get out into space first.
And we've seen in Star Trek that the artificial gravity does not extend to the outside of a given ship and station.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Qo'Nos Ship yard Exterior
12-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Whats wrong with the exterior of the ship yard it looks like its actually missing a section and the set of arms floating randomly below seems odd but the main section looks like a glitch... dunno how to explain other than this.

I crashed into it this morning...

iv been playing this game for months, havnt get a fed to max level yet only really play me klingon for pvp and messing about in me klingon ships. thats when i noticed that maybe the station isnt meant to be 2 separate parts and that there is a missing section of something. Suppose could be cloaked?

Try fly between the 2 sections you'll see what an trying to get at.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2012, 10:23 AM
yeah, we have a broken shipyard model orbiting the klingon homeworld for over half a year now...

quality management? somebody?^^
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira-sensei View Post
yeah, we have a broken shipyard model orbiting the klingon homeworld for over half a year now...
I think it's wayyy longer than half a year by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira-sensei View Post
quality management? somebody?^^
...in STO? A mythical creature similar to the Yeti, Bigboot and the Loch Ness Monster.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure what you are talking about with crashing into the shipyard station, or about orbiting the homeworld on the space map. I am talking specifically about the ground map that you have to beam to in order to change ships, get new shiips, and such.