Lt. Commander
# 21
12-10-2011, 02:59 PM
cryptic offer a bag that gives random rewards. thats what people are buying and thats what they get back in return. everyone is a winner, every time. you never lose, you just dont get the thing you want but the thing you want is subjective to each person.

the ship is clouding the issues because its desirable but at the end of the day its one random item among many.

there is nothing illegal about any of this. thats not to say anyone really likes it but clearly people are spending money on them.

the goods that you are winning dont even belong to you because of the terms of service.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Simple solution: "No player with a billing address originating from the State of California will be denied access to Q's Winter Wonderland as well as prohibited from buying gift boxes.
Cryptic's headquarters are in Los Gatos, so if they are breaking State law it really does not matter if the customer is in Trollhättan, Sweden.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-10-2011, 03:05 PM
California Ladies and Gentlemen. California.

Arent you guys busy not paying teachers or something like that?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-10-2011, 03:07 PM
All that has happened is next time Cryptic puts a ship on the C-Store people will complain there is no in-game way to get it. They lose either way. So I say let them play the game like they want to.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I very much doubt there is a legal implication here, these kind of cash shop fortune box's have been in games selling to US and EU customers for years. Those games however, are the US/EU servers of eastern grindfest MMO's...

What bothers me is the fact they haven't given information on the probabilities of the prizes and the fact they've intorduced another eastern grindfest MMO mechanic, like no in game respecs, despite telling us they weren't turning STO into an eastern grindfest MMO. Dissapointed but not surprised, how could I be? For a wile now I've known better than to take Cryptic at their word.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Just so you know.
And I guess they value things like 1 hour skill bonus as 100 since it costs that much in the c-store? Except you can get those for free through scanning.

They could put a pet rock on c-store for 10000 and then claim average value of the bag is 5000.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-10-2011, 03:30 PM
You can't really buy the Jem'Hadar ship from the exchange easily. OK, you can if you happen to have a spare 400 million credits lying around somewhere. It's a good thing that I am currently never going to give up the Soverign Class ship i'm currently flying in, I will never give her up for anything
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
I very much doubt there is a legal implication here, these kind of cash shop fortune box's have been in games selling to US and EU customers for years. Those games however, are the US/EU servers of eastern grindfest MMO's...

What bothers me is the fact they haven't given information on the probabilities of the prizes and the fact they've intorduced another eastern grindfest MMO mechanic, like no in game respecs, despite telling us they weren't turning STO into an eastern grindfest MMO. Dissapointed but not surprised, how could I be? For a wile now I've known better than to take Cryptic at their word.
If it is a random number generator creating the odds, then there really is no way of knowing other than 1:howevermanydigitsinthegenerator.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
And I guess they value things like 1 hour skill bonus as 100 since it costs that much in the c-store? Except you can get those for free through scanning.

They could put a pet rock on c-store for 10000 and then claim average value of the bag is 5000.
We already have a Pet Rock in the game...

...It's called a Horta...
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
You can't really buy the Jem'Hadar ship from the exchange easily. OK, you can if you happen to have a spare 4 million credits lying around somewhere. It's a good thing that I am currently never going to give up the Soverign Class ship i'm currently flying in, I will never give her up for anything
If I saw them on the exchange for 4 million EC I would already have two

Last I looked they were about 400 million, which from what I gather from the goldsellers shouting at ESD, is about $700 US.
Closed Thread