Lt. Commander
# 21
12-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Which of course means the loud and clear message is:
Cryptic doesn't give a rat's behind about their customers, nor the game, and will flush it all down the toilet to pursue greener pastures elsewhere given half the opportunity.
Not at all, They do care. You just happen not to be one of them I guess. It was a simple feature added, that if you feel so strongly against, then ask yourself why. Then ask yourself who you speak for and what gives you the right to do so.

This is common, has been. Not just in PW games.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-10-2011, 10:13 PM
AND why the F does a CSTORE RED box open to a BLUE box. THATS CRAP
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivyn13
i agree. these boxes are supposed to be fun, and i dont think cryptic expected the sudden outcry of rage and lawsuits thats flooded the forums. i also get the feeling that the chance of getting this ship (which i dont see why everybody is so crazy about, other then it being unique look to it) goes up if you share the boxes. they did point out that they could be shared with your friends. just a hunch.
Actually the forums have been a cesspool of rage and garbage since launch. This is just the latest drama-fest.

Quote:
as for long term, the game really isnt that old, and it didnt get the four years or so that it usually takes to create a balanced game. take SWTOR for instance. but again, everybody is in a rush to get to the end. o well. their loss.
I wouldn't hold TOR up as a shining example of development. I mean with all the money and time thrown at that game.... that was what they came up with? *boggle*
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Not at all, They do care.
Correction:

Quote:
They do care? Not at all.
As you've said...

Quote:
F2P MMO's have been doing this for years, and making money. All Cryptic is doing is saying "goodbye" to the few, and welcoming the many.....
... they have no problem losing customers in the hopes of gaining more money. Thus, no, they do not care for individual customers by your own admission. What they care for is the pursuit of money, and should that lose them customers... oh well.

Quote:
It was a simple feature added, that if you feel so strongly against, then ask yourself why.
I don't care about the ship. Nor the lottery. Nor the grab bags here, nor in Champions Online. The fact of the matter is, however, that the feedback would seem to show that the majority most definitely do and have a strongly negative reaction to it. How the company responds to the thoughts and wishes of their player base speaks volumes, and that is something I care about.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-10-2011, 10:27 PM
What I don't get is there is all these people complaining and yelling and saying they are going to leave to teach "the man" a lesson. If they are so unhappy with the changes that are permanent changes; why don't those people just do us all a favor and put their money where their mouth is and just leave already? Then you would be happier cause you are not dealing with "the man" trying to screw you out of your money and the ones that do stay will be happier cause we won't have to hear all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
What I don't get is there is all these people complaining and yelling and saying they are going to leave to teach "the man" a lesson. If they are so unhappy with the changes that are permanent changes; why don't those people just do us all a favor and put their money where their mouth is and just leave already? Then you would be happier cause you are not dealing with "the man" trying to screw you out of your money and the ones that do stay will be happier cause we won't have to hear all of them.
Two reasons come to mind:

Firstly, perhaps people are hoping that if enough voice concerns that Cryptic will rethink this policy and stop offering the (pretty much universally vilified) grab bags, or at least make sure that nothing is exclusively available through grab bag gambling.

Secondly, if you're here you're subscribed. This game isn't F2P yet, despite the build for it being live. These people are invested so... hey, may as well until your subscription runs out. You paid to be here.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-11-2011, 12:31 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-11-2011, 12:34 AM
You know, I actually spent about 4k points on the boxes, but not because I expected (or even particularly wanted - I fly cruisers and science ships) the new ship. I would have been thrilled if I got it, but you have to go into these things knowing it won't be likely. I mean, its a cross-faction ship, it shouldn't be common.

So what did I get? About 10 pets, a bunch of blue items, (and 1 purple phaser DHC ) a photonic bof and tribble, and about 4k worth of skill point boosts.

Suddenly I have a whole new urge to make some alts. I actually feel like I got my money's worth here.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM