Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Science Captain's have a outmost lack of useful passiv DOff's.
Where Engineers shine with awesomeness and even Tacticals have a proper and usefull choice.

Science Cpt. just did draw the short stick.
Maybe it is just me how would like to have more options then biochemist and doctors to buff his toon.

How is it for other Science Captains out there? Is it a noneissue or do you think it we and teams playing with us could benefit from having proper/useful Science DOff's?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alith-Ahnar
Science Captain's have a outmost lack of useful passiv DOff's.
Where Engineers shine with awesomeness and even Tacticals have a proper and usefull choice.

Science Cpt. just did draw the short stick.
Maybe it is just me how would like to have more options then biochemist and doctors to buff his toon.

How is it for other Science Captains out there? Is it a noneissue or do you think it we and teams playing with us could benefit from having proper/useful Science DOff's?
You have a Doff that works with every debuff you use.. that is a lot better than needing 3 or 4 different ones for different powers you use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You have a Doff that works with every debuff you use.. that is a lot better than needing 3 or 4 different ones for different powers you use.
Do i understand it correct if i translate your reply into something like: It is ok that we have nothing beyond a small additional debuff on most of our debuffs to have no other special and more potent passivs like Engineers and Tactical have?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-11-2011, 10:55 AM
And there was me thinking that Double/Triple Gravity Wells was very useful for Sci types.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
And there was me thinking that Double/Triple Gravity Wells was very useful for Sci types.
Rather pointless on the ground, though. (Note thread title.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
And there was me thinking that Double/Triple Gravity Wells was very useful for Sci types.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

The Gravemetric Scientist has a great passiv proc that is a real reward to slot the DOff. and still you have to evaluate what other DOff's you assign to your active roster.

But 1st it is Space not Ground as already pointed out and 2nd only as a science heavy ship captain it matters to you.

So neither can a Science Captain use space powers on ground nor is he/she always in a sci heavy vessel.

So still we stuck with biochemist and Doctor the 1st nice but not all to usefull should you use a medic roll on ground and the 2nd has a extreme low proc rate that you have anyway to ignore it's effect for a potential healing rotation (if there is anything possible at all like a healing rotation).

So we are down to medicore passiv and one unreliable proc of minimal use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM
We also have the nurse that can proc another nurse beaming down and healing on use of hypos
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
We also have the nurse that can proc another nurse beaming down and healing on use of hypos
That's right but the Nurse is for every Class.
Should you be Engineer or Tactical you also can use the Nurse where Science can't make use of additional Redshirts or Drones for example.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Maybe not redshirts but they can use extra drones just fine if they have an engineer boff on away team.

For STFs maybe we're a bit more limited but the T3 tribble reward is a great choice if you have it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-12-2011, 04:52 AM
An engineer has to use seperate doffs for turrets, drones, mortars, and the diagnostics proc leaving one spot for a nurse. A sci can use 4 nurses and the single works on all debuffs doff. Also don't forget doffs work on boffs as well when using them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 AM.