Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
An engineer has to use seperate doffs for turrets, drones, mortars, and the diagnostics proc leaving one spot for a nurse. A sci can use 4 nurses and the single works on all debuffs doff. Also don't forget doffs work on boffs as well when using them.
Does the Nurse activate on a Science Cpt or Science Kit power?
No it does not anyone can use a Nurse and to fire the proc you have to use a hypo.
Your argument does only underline my own that there is not enough option for science ground DOff's thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake45
Maybe not redshirts but they can use extra drones just fine if they have an engineer boff on away team.

For STFs maybe we're a bit more limited but the T3 tribble reward is a great choice if you have it.
Agreed the f2p tribble Tier 3 test DOff is awesome sauce. Combine it with the MACO 3 piece set bonus and holy molly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Note that all ground active roster duty officers affect all of the bridge officers on your away team, not just your captain.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
/shrug make this guy happy and remove the debuff that works on everything and give him 4 seperate doffs that only work on certain powers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
/shrug make this guy happy and remove the debuff that works on everything and give him 4 seperate doffs that only work on certain powers.
No thanks. Better solution is to leave the OP unhappy and everyone else happy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Note that all ground active roster duty officers affect all of the bridge officers on your away team, not just your captain.
Which is fairly pointless for those of us who are done with all the missions, and just have STFs and Defari ground to play (ie no BOffs). And really, while the bonus to BO powers are nice and all, but it's not like missions are that hard to begin with.

So I say, either more missions so we can take advantage of our ground DOffs, or more Science ground DOff abilities (at least unique abilities... GW for space is cool... beaming down a healing bot is cool... more random stuff like that).

Realy, if you just fill any of biologist/botanist/development lab scientist/geologist/research lab scientist/counselor with an ability, that'd be all you have to do ;-)

Like make geologist affect Exothermic Induction Field to add some random low proc of coolness, or biologist add a proc to Anesthizine Gas, or anything like that
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
sweet. i thought it was only captains.

did this change at some point? i could have sworn it was only captains on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
sweet. i thought it was only captains.

did this change at some point? i could have sworn it was only captains on tribble.
It was only Captains for the first half of Tribble, but a fix was put in towards the last third or so of the time on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
It was only Captains for the first half of Tribble, but a fix was put in towards the last third or so of the time on Tribble.
This is something that is SUPER glossed over in game. Can it get emphasized in the UI somewhere?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
A circumstance that i'm aware of.
As @Sardoc also does point out at some point a Cpt. is done playing with BOff's and only uses his one set of Powers.

Playing STF's, PvP and also there are feature episodes where you fight solo on ground (without your BOff's) situation at wich point the disatvantage is rly shines.

For solo play where i can free choose my kit the bochemist is useful nothing negative to say about in this case.

Quote:
Maybe not redshirts but they can use extra drones just fine if they have an engineer boff on away team.

For STFs maybe we're a bit more limited but the T3 tribble reward is a great choice if you have it.
Tank you for ignoring the topic and. May i asume that you don't play a Science Cpt in groups and don't try to squeeze every little bit of possibel potential of your toon? If i a'm right your comment does not suprise me because it is full of you don't care should you be one.

Quote:

Pardon me but how is happy with this? Certainly not every Science Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Which is fairly pointless for those of us who are done with all the missions, and just have STFs and Defari ground to play (ie no BOffs). And really, while the bonus to BO powers are nice and all, but it's not like missions are that hard to begin with.

So I say, either more missions so we can take advantage of our ground DOffs, or more Science ground DOff abilities (at least unique abilities... GW for space is cool... beaming down a healing bot is cool... more random stuff like that).

Realy, if you just fill any of biologist/botanist/development lab scientist/geologist/research lab scientist/counselor with an ability, that'd be all you have to do ;-)

Like make geologist affect Exothermic Induction Field to add some random low proc of coolness, or biologist add a proc to Anesthizine Gas, or anything like that
This good sir is how i feal about it thank you for staying on topic and giving valuable constructive feadback.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Not sure why you quoted my twice but anyway...

Sci is the only thing I play in groups and I already said that maybe we are more limited in STFs, doff bonus wise.

Frankly though, I'm more irritated I have to put 9 ranks in ground skills for BO training still than I am that I need to find less good doffs than other careers.