Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 131
02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
kk thx guys
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 132
02-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Uum, sorry for being a noob, but how do I join a custom channel, like doffjobs?

I picked up the very rare Saurian Cultural exchange earlier tonight and wanted to tell people, but didn't find out how to join the channel.


Edit, and since I'm asking stupid questions, I'll ask the other one that really puzzles me. The buffs you can get from doing some ship board missions, how do they work? Are they permanent, time limited, do we see the the buff anywhere, like you do when you use a Boff buff on your ship?
I think I've critted at least one mission like it, but I have no clue where the effect went, and how long it lasted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 133
02-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantheram
Uum, sorry for being a noob, but how do I join a custom channel, like doffjobs?

I picked up the very rare Saurian Cultural exchange earlier tonight and wanted to tell people, but didn't find out how to join the channel.
Right click on your chat window
Go to the Tab Channels
Enter the name of the channel (In this case Doffjobs) and press join


Quote:
Edit, and since I'm asking stupid questions, I'll ask the other one that really puzzles me. The buffs you can get from doing some ship board missions, how do they work? Are they permanent, time limited, do we see the the buff anywhere, like you do when you use a Boff buff on your ship?
I think I've critted at least one mission like it, but I have no clue where the effect went, and how long it lasted.
They are time limited. 2 hours I think (correct me if I'm wrong). You can see their buff icon like any other above your shield/hull indicator.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 134
02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Very nicely done.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 135
03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I picked up a duty officer from an cadre assignment whose portrait is outlined in red: Nitiani Ghosen. I can't seem to find out why she's like that.

She's Cardassian, an astrometrics scientist: eidetic memory, emotional, resolve.

Has anyone run across another red bordered duty officer or know why they're different?

ETA: This is on a Federation character, if that's important.
ETA 2: She does NOT show up in my list when I start an assignment either. I have one right now that needs an astrometrics scientist and I can't get her to show up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 136
03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Nope, but I'd like to know myself!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 137
03-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiyaKai
I picked up a duty officer from an cadre assignment whose portrait is outlined in red: Nitiani Ghosen. I can't seem to find out why she's like that.
[...]
You got a klingon Doff (Klingon faction not klingon race to prevent a misunderstanding). It is a known bug but you can send the Doff to a klingon character or just sell him on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 138
03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
You got a klingon Doff (Klingon faction not klingon race to prevent a misunderstanding). It is a known bug but you can send the Doff to a klingon character or just sell him on the exchange.
Wow, that's a lovely bug. Get a DO out of an assignment and you can't even use them, LOL! At least it was just a common DO and not rare or VR. I'd have been unhappy then.

Thank you for the clarification on it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 139
03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Excelent guide. I already knewd some basics like recruiting DOffs from SFA, buying from Lt. Ferra etc. But I didn't knew about the asylums and some more rare DOffs. However I have some questions yet: is there a list of what are the best traits for each specialization? Basically, how to recognize a DOff with good traits? And lastly: is there anyway to obtain the DOffs with the new traits (resolve etc) without purchasing packs from C-Store or buying it on exchange?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 140
03-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Very Helpful Thanks!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 PM.