Lt. Commander
After somebody aked for the state of the Romulan Star Empire I wanted to ask about the KDF.

When are we on the red side honestly going to expect new PVE and PVP content, free ships skins and more options?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
When are we on the red side honestly going to expect new PVE and PVP content, free ships skins and more options?
No time soon.

There is no new KDF content. That's why they ripped 1/3rd of the KDF's levelling scheme out.

There has been precious little PvE content developed in the last ten months, the last Feature series started February 5th 2010, and then next one isn't set to debut until sometime next February (possibly after the one year anniversary).

So... it's certainly not coming in anything but the distant future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-11-2011, 02:09 AM
I still like the thought of the Klingons being more PvP focused, but PvP in this game is in dire DIRE need of attention...more so than anything else. PvPers have been doing the same old junk over and over again for so long now. We need new open PvP zones...new capture and hold space maps...so much.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
I still like the thought of the Klingons being more PvP focused, but PvP in this game is in dire DIRE need of attention...more so than anything else. PvPers have been doing the same old junk over and over again for so long now. We need new open PvP zones...new capture and hold space maps...so much.
Open PvP, huh? As I recall there was OPvPish stuff in Season Four, it was even on the test server. They just took it down for a little "tweak" based on player feedback. Surely those are back in and better than ever by now, yes?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Supposedly the plan is to hire new devs and bring KDF PvE up to par with feds. That in turn will give the faction more players and thus more PvP.

You can already see the wheels turning with faction locked character slots. I wouldn't expect anything until after February since that's when F2P will be in full mode and new featured episodes released.

Dilithium and it's various ramifications have turned me off. But if the end result is seeing a healthy KDF faction that has just as much content and toys as Feds it might be worth it. One of the only reasons why I'm sticking around.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-11-2011, 02:57 AM
You'll see nothing for the KDF in Jan (its all F2P bug fixes), then they get the same FE as the feds in Feb. Then expect 3 months of talk then 3 months of dev time to actually build the KDF stuff. So don't expect anything KDF specific until Fall 2012 at the soonest.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Supposedly the plan is to hire new devs and bring KDF PvE up to par with feds. That in turn will give the faction more players and thus more PvP.

You can already see the wheels turning with faction locked character slots. I wouldn't expect anything until after February since that's when F2P will be in full mode and new featured episodes released.
Considering the Featured Series has been delayed to February (just in time for the 1 Year Anniversary of the last one!) and they tend to run for five-to-six weeks, and have down time in between them, and that they're still going to have a number of F2P issues to iron out in the meantime, and that they're going to want to get Featured Series 5 started so the majority of their player base doesn't have nothing new to do for ten months (again), I think you could probably change that to...
"I wouldn't expect anything until way the hell after February..."
I would be absolutely shocked if we saw any progress there before August, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was delayed until 2013 or later.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post

I would be absolutely shocked if we saw any progress there before August, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was delayed until 2013 or later.
Maybe so. We've heard stuff like "half of my team is working on KDF content" and "there's more people working at my local Starbucks than the STO team".

If they have the same amount of development resources as usual then I expect more of the same talk and delays. But if PWE is growing Cryptic like they said so they can fix the KDF then we might actually see actual results in 2012.

Then again, it could be the same old talk and little to no action happening to back it up. Time will tell.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Maybe so. We've heard stuff like "half of my team is working on KDF content" and "there's more people working at my local Starbucks than the STO team".

If they have the same amount of development resources as usual then I expect more of the same talk and delays. But if PWE is growing Cryptic like they said so they can fix the KDF then we might actually see actual results in 2012.

Then again, it could be the same old talk and little to no action happening to back it up. Time will tell.
Well, PWE has been in charge for over 1/3rd of a year now (since I do believe the deal was finalized around the 10th of August). Since then we've seen the next Featured Series pushed back, then pushed back to the F2P beta, then pushed back to the F2P launch, then pushed back to a month after.

We've seen the captain's chair vacated, and left essentially empty. Even with Stahl's return he hasn't seemed to wish to reclaim it (hey, take a look at the state of the game... who would?).

So, yeah, pessimism is likely called for.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-11-2011, 03:48 AM
There is no KDF content coming, since launch they have been saying it was coming, and after two years you'd think people would wise up, it's a lie, plain and simple.

What is coming?

More Cstore items, more "events" and very little else.

The game has been streamlined into a lackluster asian grindfest designed to require little new content and no player retention at endgame.

The KDF will never be a fully realized faction and will never have a proper levelling progression.

There is no PVP updates coming, and featured episodes will be delayed in Febuary until summer, and then delayed again.