Lt. Commander
# 41 I love Start Trek
12-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I've been a trekie since I was 5 so dumping money into this game is a no-brainer for me. I have all the C-Store items, did the beta, and bought the lifetime way back in '08 before launch. Yeah, I did spend lots to get the ship, but I had a lot of fun and no buyer's remorse. I got a ton of purp items and 40 or so Holographic BO's. They sell quite well on the exchange. I already had holographic BO's for a while...think I got it as a referral bonus??

I'm self employed and this year was really good for me. I'm glad to be able to support the devs and spend money on this game instead of WOW or some other non-trek MMO. I don't have a lot of time to game nowadays so I love the fact that I can log in to STO, play for 10 mins or a few hours (when I can) and still have fun. Other than this game, the only other games I play are DOTA and MW3.

Edit: I also love the fact that there are way more people logged into the game than ever before. Hopefully the game will be around for many more years to come.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
Woa dude ! Seven hundred ! I hope your Christmas list is a short one !

Well enjoy it anyway, God knows you paid dearly for it. I hope buyer's remorse doesn't hit you, or one of the
ghosts of Christmas past.....
Won't be the buyers remore hitting him, wait till the misses see's the credit card bill
Lt. Commander
# 43 Shoot...
12-15-2011, 09:28 PM
LOL, you're probably right. Would be sweet if you could toggle stealth purchase so the description on the visa bill shows up as "Star Trek Memorabilia" or better yet, "Misc Gifts for Wife"
Lt. Commander
# 44 $140 for nothing
12-15-2011, 11:41 PM
i purchased quite a few of the holiday gift boxes, about 11,000 worth. used every single one of them on the red boxes and got nothing that i could use. im an avid purchaser on the c-store so i buy things as soon as they come out, so every horta, photonic tribble, etc that i got as a drop was worthless.

i complained to cryptic about the odds on receiving the jem'hadar ship as a drop and all they replied with was that they are sorry that im frustrated..... lame. very lame.

i think paying $140 and not getting the ship is crazy.

cryptic should put the ship on the c-store or make the odds better at getting one in game.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Honestly, if you guys are spending anything more than 20 pounds, dollars, euros, etc... you're crazy. If you've got the money to blow so fast and furiously, don't complain. take responsibility for your own actions, it's not Cryptic's fault you can't control your spending.
Thank you.

I'll admit that I spent 100 cp to get one box, and I got an exoomp. But do you know what? I was GRATEFUL. These are called "gift boxes" for a reason people. Why don't you stop being selfish and buy some for somebody else if you have so much cash to throw around?
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo94
Believe me after this crap alot of people will be in SWTOR and never look back at STO.

This was really the wrong time to do this to the fan base, On 12/20 we will have other options than to stay and take this crap.
Swotr still wont let me in!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-16-2011, 09:28 PM
i'm just kind of upset that it seems like half of the red boxes i'm getting are actually blue boxes, so after spending 6600 C-points i still haven't been able to get one. It's just frustrating because you know they're just laughing at us all for trying to get one with out even knowing how low the odds really are. 66 boxes aren't a lot when in comparison to a lot of other people, but still much like the drop rate for prototype borg stuuf, it's probably just WAY TOO LOW to even matter with out pure blind luck. and that's not fair at all to the fans and players.

people would probably RIOT if they knew how low the odds actually were.
Lt. Commander
I felt that way too. I started just buying the 6.50 packages instead of the 62.50 ones. I eventually got the ship. It's pretty sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 49 player getting "banned"
12-17-2011, 02:33 AM
i saw so many player get "banned" in connection with the jem'hadar ship because cryptic dont want to hear about the problems ... its a shame. i hope a lot of player leave the game.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-17-2011, 10:06 PM
If only there was a 2nd EXCHANGE using C-store points ! Or DIlithium !