Lt. Commander
# 51
12-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
cryptic's change in business and any broken promises don't bother me
broken promises, as you put it, have another word. lies. to say nothing of the fact that it SHOULD bother you. when a company repeatedly does this theres something wrong. you should be asking yourself what else they are capable of. but after reading your previous posts (some of which are quite disturbing by the way, you really should look back at some of the things you said, for your own good) its quite clear that cryptic could quite literally rip you off completely today and you wouldn't have a problem with it. thats not a good thing (and no thats not an attack either)

Quote:
i'm content to wait till it's freely available
they made it clear that isn't going to happen

this whole situation reminds me of a quote from that world war z novel, wherein one of the characters, who is a government official is discussing war support with the narrator. he basically says that public support for things such as wars is a finite resource, to be used wisely, because it is very difficult to replace and very easy to use up. keep screwing around and the public will turn on you. and he goes on to use comparisons between popular support during ww2 vs the support during the vietnam war. as everyone knows, the government got too pushy about vietnam as far as the public was concerned, and look what happened.

the point i'm trying to make is, that like public support in a major war, customer goodwill toward a business is a finite resource in very short supply and must be used wisely. push your customers too far and you'll find you don't have customers before long.

Quote:
take responsibility for your own actions, it's not Cryptic's fault you can't control your spending.
if you can say that to people then you can also say it is cryptics responsibility for creating the situation and setting the odds so low in the first place. and the 'they need to make money' argument doesn't fly on that one. there are right ways and wrong ways to make money

Quote:
Lol first time I see the Omnipotent Moderator Q and the first and only action of him was to say "While we welcome the feedback and discussion of the chance box, the talk about how this breaks the law is unnecessary. Q"
i'm suspicious of any company sending mods to hide behind RP admin accounts and do actions like that. and statements claiming discussing how it breaks the law is unnecessary is absurd. and certainly not unnecessary. that looks disturbingly like silencing to me.

Quote:
you might want to edit your post there... discussing moderation is against the rules
he wasn't discussing moderation. he was posting something that was posted publically by an admin

Quote:
Agreed. They don't force you spend anything.
actually they do if you want the ship

Quote:
100% in agreement. You can't spend that much and not blame *yourself,* knowing full well the chance of getting the ship was extremely slim to none.
since the odds are not posted, as the law requires they are, I don't see how you can 'know' that at all.

Quote:
The sick thing is, many people who are blaming Cryptic for this are going to do it again the next time a grab bag is released.
cryptic created the situation, it is their responsibility

Quote:
I've seriously given up on the ship. I'll do the ice run, but beyond that, it's completely unfair that people are getting multiple ships and some people are spending thousands of cpoints to get left out. In one forum a guy mentioned that he managed to get two with in his first 15 boxes. It's this exact pay to win mentality that is causing a lot of people to say good by to Sto.
if true that shows that the whole thing is in fact rigged. there is no other way to explain 1 person getting 2 of those things within 15 boxes and another person buying hundreds of them and getting nothing. random number generators don't give out weird odds like that

Quote:
The ship totally rocks! I finally got one!!!.....it's one freaking expensive ship....end cost: $750...I think.....it might even be more...wish C-Store had a history or something like that.
that made me cringe

Quote:
Guys, don't blame Cryptic/Perfect World for taking your money, you chose to spend it buying the winter package or anything else
so blame the victims but not the person who created the situation eh? I don't think so

Quote:
I'll admit that I spent 100 cp to get one box, and I got an exoomp. But do you know what? I was GRATEFUL. These are called "gift boxes" for a reason people. Why don't you stop being selfish and buy some for somebody else if you have so much cash to throw around?
thats condescending and insulting. and considering you brought up gift boxes being called such you should rethink that. after all gifts are called gifts because they are given freely. these are not. and you have no right calling anyone selfish when they pay hundreds of dollars and don't get what someone claiming to get it almost immediately does.

Quote:
i saw so many player get "banned" in connection with the jem'hadar ship because cryptic dont want to hear about the problems ... its a shame. i hope a lot of player leave the game.
if thats the case its getting more and more suspicious. no odds and silencing people who question it? gee I wonder what that means. doing that kind of thing is asking for legal trouble
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Bud View Post
LOL, you're probably right. Would be sweet if you could toggle stealth purchase so the description on the visa bill shows up as "Star Trek Memorabilia" or better yet, "Misc Gifts for Wife"
THERE IS STEALTH PURCHASE !!!

Step 1 - link your credit card to PAYPAL
Step 2 - make ALL purchases with PAYPAL direct billed to your credit card !
Step 3 - PROFIT

Now she sees credit card statement with tons of Paypal charges and just sits there scratching her head ! HAHAHAH

No more ANGRY MOMS flying across the room trying to knock you down ! :p

Wow.. I gotta make that "Angry Moms" APP ! hahaha
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-19-2011, 05:32 AM
Cryptic's change in business practice is completely driving me away, not to TOR as its not a game I like the look of, just away from this game.

I'm not a big fan of these random drop aspects. Between the gift box and the random borg drops, I just feel I have no chance of furthering my character and ship on the game and therefore no longer have anything to accomplish in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I put in about 5000 points and got a few photonic BOffs, several horta, afew juniors and to many exp boosts to count (I don't use them, leveling is to quick anyway). Atleast half of the boxes I bought from the store turned into blue boxes (which is just wrong). As for the race to get a box, I've run 6 characters a day every day after the wonderland opened up. I've gotten 3 blue boxes, the rest have been green. I've ended, I'm done with trying, I'll still do the race but not 6 times a day and won't be getting more points to waste on the boxes.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by degalusmedivan View Post
Welcome to the Club my Friend. I spend 180 euro = 18000 c points and get no ship, good that i stop now. Some Guys spend 300 and over 500 Dollar. But before i write my Comments over and over again.
Here all threats about this Thema, there are many here but Cryptic dont care:

Is it unethical to not disclose the probability of obtaining the ship?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=243972
Jem'hadar ship is too rare
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=243930
Shame On You Cryptic Gets Shabby
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=243904
Winter Package / random item games
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=243874
Jem'hadar attack ship in STF's as a drop
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=244310
Cryptic, please be kind
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=244080
Reasonable Rant/Alternative on the Winter Package
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=244229
Question about the Winter Package
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=243876
i think thats why gambling should be prohibited ... my dear god ...
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDespair
i think thats why gambling should be prohibited ... my dear god ...
I think that's why self-control should be taught at a young age.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-21-2011, 03:36 PM
oh my goodness

some of the points in this thread are almost outrageous and amazingly hilarious

are you really going to leave because you can't get one rare ship that not everyone is supposed to have? do you really think you need an item in a video game that badly?

the amount of people complaining that they didn't get a ship is unbelievable and really unfortunate and even sad.

by the way does anyone have an extra photonic officer that i could have since most people seem to be leaving
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-21-2011, 07:24 PM
what does Yoda say?

Control, Control! you must learn CONTROL!

This coming from a guy who got the LTS...But seriously its ok to not get something, and spending real life money on something you might not get, something you might not get AND is a item in a game, not real...you guys are nuts. I never got a box, and will never spend real money on a box, and I have the money to do so...
Lt. Commander
1) Gambling is a tax on people who can't do math.
2) Star Trek People should be able to do math.
3) For those who cannot do math we have a special Mastercard Commercial

Galaxy X Dreadnought Cruiser ..................................2000 c-store points
Every Federation ship and variant in the c-store........18320 c-store points
An obsolete Jem'Hadar Bug fighter............................ priceless....

Just say no.

I'm just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-22-2011, 09:20 AM
I've read every post in this threat. Dodgy is all I can say, seems like it's a gamble.

I know the Doff packs aren't random, I paid for many and never once had a better than rare doff, yet it's advertised as randomly 1 rare or better. This is not true, it's false advertising.

Seems like it's a gamble, with real money too, not game currency. Should fall under the gaming regulations in my opinion.

Cryptic please remember Star Trek has a big fan base, we're not all spotty teenagers living at home with parents. Some of us might be solicitors, lawyers or even Judges.