Lt. Commander
# 21
12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
every time i bring some forum topic up in the GERMAN ingame chat people have no idea what i'm talking about.
most of them don't read the forums for obvious ^ ^ ^ ^ reason.

after i educate them, they usually tend to agree ...or simply don't care enough about anything to have an opinion.

fact is, you will have a hard time finding players that for example LOVE the idea of random chance C-Store packages.

or that WANT cryptic to take away the Tier 3 Excelsior+Nebula from everyone and put it in the C-Store.

there are enough of theses issues that Cryptic just can't argue with,
so they pull out the "loud minority" card and just ignore us...

would any of us do it any other way?
probably not.

hmmm... next time one of my parents comes in *****ing again because of my loud heavy metal music i also will say "you are just a loud minority, i don't have to listen to you"
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You missed the point of Tummerboy's post.
Tumerboy. Named so because he had a brain tumour when he was younger and, apparently, cannot spell worth a damn (no, I don't believe the two are related).
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
every time i bring some forum topic up in the GERMAN ingame chat people have no idea what i'm talking about.
most of them don't read the forums for obvious ^ ^ ^ ^ reason.
There is German ingame chat?

Also, the reason that there are no German forums is supposedly because they can't find anyone who speaks German to moderate them, or some such excuse.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
You missed the point of Tumerboy's post. It doesnt matter whether the conversation is taking place on the forums or in ESD zone chat. Unless the majority of the playerbase are involved in the conversation then it doesnt represent the majority of the playerbase. Again, the location is irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is what % of the playerbase are involved in the conversation.
considering at one point the ENTIRE Player base hits ESD I would think the chatter on ESD, is a larger representation of the players interests and opinions than you realize, and has a much larger influence than you'd think. Reading the channel, even if just a moment, is involvement, as the information gathered can and may influence decisions by that player, based of what is going on in the channels.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
So how many games actually do that? Does WoW? Will TOR? Does that make them spineless if they dont?
I'd also point out that TOR did that because it was Beta. Those popups are not going to appear in the normal game.

(Good thing, too. Don't want a 'What are you doing right now?' popup while I'm getting filleted by Sith....)
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Heh. Everyone who has grievances about how the game got more grindy, how F2P makes everything less casually oriented, how T3 Nebula & Excelsior were taken away, how Delta Flyer was taken away, how VA ship token taken away and moved to 600 days, how STFs became a grind fest, how holiday lottery bags entice you to waste money.

Don't post about it on the forums any longer. Do it in zone chat, do it on fleet chat, do it on facebook, do it on twitter. Spread your message of disapproval as far and as wide as possible. Because the devs ignore forum feedback even though they want you to believe they are listening.

Case in point was the absolutely horrible signs around ESD. Test Forums flooded them with negative feedback. Devs arguing back saying they were good. It goes live and Zone chat goes nuts with all kinds of horrible remarks about the signs. Then they were fixed.

Well Duh... maybe the majority of people don't visit the forums to provide feedback. And maybe the people WHO CARE ENOUGH TO DO have valid points you should not ignore.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
But you can always go to the Earth Spacedock to see for yourself.
at esd its always the same names though, zone chat at esd is a mini-forum with the same basic rules as the OP mentioned
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-11-2011, 04:30 PM
From a business standpoint, you don't want ANY portion of your customer base telling other people that your business practices are... well, I have to say dishonest, unscrupulous and disrespectful. You don't want any portion of your customer base saying your product is shoddy, poorly designed, poorly executed and so on.

Word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertising. Reputation is EVERYTHING. It's difficult to generate a good reputation, and darn near impossible to shake a bad one. I can't begin to guess how much business Sony lost after the Galaxies debacle, but I've heard MANY people say they will not purchase ANY Sony products as a result.

Cryptic's reputation is already reaching extraordinary depths. They have done immeasurable damage to themselves, and seem intent on doing more.

It may be true that the forumites don't represent a majority, but they MAY be representative. Even if they aren't, they're the VOCAL ones. They're the ones that are providing feedback, and not just to Cryptic. They REALLY need to remember that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
So in effect they have evolved from "The forum doesn't represent the masses" to "no form of communication linked to the game whatsoever represents the masses."

How convenient.
You and your silly avatar don't represent the majority of players or their feelings toward the game.

http://i.imgur.com/yQLK2.gif
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthian
You and your silly avatar don't represent the majority of players or their feelings toward the game.

http://i.imgur.com/yQLK2.gif
Prove* it, and I'll accept it.

(*proof constitutes actual certifiable statistics on player opinions gathered from a reasonable (75% or more) amount of players. Proof must include standard deviation, average opinion, and error calculations)

Oh, nice beard..... sort of.
Only the one in my signature destroyed an entire empire of cloned lizard-men run by cloned-funny-eared thugs created in turn by goo-people.

"UFP. What can beard do for you?"
Closed Thread