Lt. Commander
# 21
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshiirRa View Post
Honestly, I'm in agreement here. My main issue with the grind-fest to get the endgame gear is that not all of us have the time to devote to STFs to get these cool new things. Sure we could PUG groups, but not all of us like doing that, or will even tolerate the "needfest" that looting has become nowadays.

My biggest beef with this is that it takes 5 STFs just to get one piece of the borg set that you used to get a piece of from each STF you did.

And don't let the Career Officer tag fool you, I've been in the casual player category ever since I started working again.

Well old KA might have taken a PUG over 2 hours to get the shield piece., even closer to 3.

Now you can pug each space segment in ab out 15-20 minutes on normal.

I'm pretty sure the math works out to at the very lest allow you to get the old borg set in the same if not less time than before.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
Well old KA might have taken a PUG over 2 hours to get the shield piece., even closer to 3.

Now you can pug each space segment in ab out 15-20 minutes on normal.

I'm pretty sure the math works out to at the very lest allow you to get the old borg set in the same if not less time than before.
It took me 3 or so hours with a pug where 4 out of 5 (me included) had never done it before. Though half hour of it was reseting the second space part because some people couldn't teleport to Donatra. Not that I disagree though. It's a lot easier for a pugger to get the borg set now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
Via months of grinding. GRINDING DOES NOT = CONTENT

It's boring and frustrating.
Neither does GEAR = CONTENT. Being able to obtain a specific piece of gear is a separate issue from what is 'content'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
Why shouldn't everyone be able to get it?
Everyone CAN get it (at least the mark XI). If you put in the time, you will eventually get it. The debate here is really how much time is considered too much or too little. And a deeper issue is whether or not 'casual' players (however you define it) should be able to obtain it with the same time effort as a 'non-casual' player (however you define it but a lot more time spent playing compared to 'casual').

I, personally, don't think it should be the same. I expect it to take a casual player a lot longer to obtain the gear compared a hard-core player. It's the way it should be. And I'm saying this as someone who does not have any of the STF ground gear yet. That said, I think the drop rate needs to be increased, which I believe is actually in the works according to the latest Tribble update. It wouldn't be so bad if you got a direct set gear piece drop more often.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Really, what they should do is make all this stuff Bind on Equip. Then those who grind out more than they need, or simply aren't interested in the rewards, can sell them on the Exchange, and those who have the credits, but would rather not grind STFs, can buy them.
I agree with the original poster, but this at least would be an somewhat reasonable compromise.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
That said, I think the drop rate needs to be increased, which I believe is actually in the works according to the latest Tribble update. It wouldn't be so bad if you got a direct set gear piece drop more often.

Agreed....
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-11-2011, 03:00 PM
The goal was to make items of prestige and effort and you want to buy them on the exchange? Thats disappointing to me, to say the least. Yes, the drop rates for the rare tokens should be looked at but there is nothing wrong with effort being attached to these items in my opinion. Especially since everyone can still get them just over longer periods of time (decided by them).

It would be different if you only had a particular window of time during the week to get the item you wanted, like the Defera ground invasion items.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
The goal was to make items of prestige and effort and you want to buy them on the exchange? Thats disappointing to me, to say the least. Yes, the drop rates for the rare tokens should be looked at but there is nothing wrong with effort being attached to these items in my opinion. Especially since everyone can still get them just over longer periods of time (decided by them).

It would be different if you only had a particular window of time during the week to get the item you wanted, like the Defera ground invasion items.
EXACTLY!!!

There was the same sort of discussion about how hard it was to get the old Borg set when it came out. People wanted them to be tradeable. and wanted the STFs to be soloable so they could get the loot without joining a team.

The loot for the STF missions is a reward for people that have the time and the dedication to do the missions the way they are designed. You don't have to have this gear to play this game. It isn't that much better than the gear you can buy with Dilitthium.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I'll be grinding out for the Borg doffs for the next few months

Maybe I'll get to the new MACO gear in two years...
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Ive been grinding 10 runs a day for the past week now for the Honor Guard Veteran costume, though sadly is very lacking(false advertising!)
I intend to get the Elite set eventually, however im pretty much cutting back to 2-3 runs a day now.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
I'll be grinding out for the Borg doffs for the next few months

Maybe I'll get to the new MACO gear in two years...
We'll be lucky is we maek it to the 4th year...