Lt. Commander
# 21
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Changes needed;
  • Do away with need/greed and have a simple draw/pass for dropped loot
  • Optional objectives provide EACH team member with a GUARANTEED piece of salvage
  • Optional objectives increase the end EDC
  • On Elite optional gives one draw-for Tech guaranteed at the end in addition to the salvage and EDC
The problem is that if they increase the pace/odds of us getting the current tier of endgame gear, people will collect everything for their various characters and stop playing the abysmal few STFs that exist now. This lottery system is in place to ensure that we grind the depressingly small amount of endgame content that currently exists for a ridiculous amount of time because creating actual game content is not their priority. Their priority is keeping you grinding mindlessly at something while they try to sell you C-Store items. It is a very common model for F2P Eastern Asian MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Iíve done about 75 STF runs since the revamp went live and Iíve run Elite on KA ground and Infected space many times over and Iíve yet to see a prototype drop for me.

Many of the players that I teamed with on elite runs end up getting many prototype drops.

When going be my turnÖ.when!?
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrianne
The problem is that if they increase the pace/odds of us getting the current tier of endgame gear, people will collect everything for their various characters and stop playing the abysmal few STFs that exist now. This lottery system is in place to ensure that we grind the depressingly small amount of endgame content that currently exists for a ridiculous amount of time because creating actual game content is not their priority. Their priority is keeping you grinding mindlessly at something while they try to sell you C-Store items. It is a very common model for F2P Eastern Asian MMOs.
The important thing is.....this is not a Eastern Asian MMO. Hell I hear startrek (tv/movies) is banned in china or least some of the episodes.
We are a western market and they need to learn quickly just how far they can go without pushing us out.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Sorry, dont agree with that at all.....Just how many elite stf runs is enough to get your costumes complete?? 10?? 100?? 1000?? more?? The luck of the "draw" simply should NOT ever come into game, these stf's are "team" missions, and as such the "team" should be rewarded fairly and equally...It does not require any effort to put into place a much fairer system for all players that participate in the stf's.

Under the currently flawed system it is possible for someone to run just 3 elite stf's and get 3 prototypes, whereas others run 30 or more, and simply dont get anything of use, so we get back to just how many stf's do they feel we need to grind out before we get the rewards that we entered the elite stfs for?....Would love to hear Gozer's take on this....
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I just think they should remove the death penalty for elite stfs. My biggest complaint and the biggest complaint I hear from others is getting one shotted. Take away the death penalty and I suddenly care a lot less about being oneshotted.

If they don't take out the death penalty then they need to need the cubes a little which technically makes them easier. People complain about things when they are made easier. The obvious solution is no death penalty in stfs. Easy for the devs to implement with out nerfing the difficulty too much.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-27-2011, 06:25 AM
has there been any comment on any of this STF business from the dev side at all? Why do they refuse to say the actual drop rates of Prototype gear and Jem'hadar ships? are they THAT low?
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Eh? That kind of gameplay is pretty much the standard of ANY MMO.
The only difference is that STO has much less Endgame content to choose from.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
has there been any comment on any of this STF business from the dev side at all? Why do they refuse to say the actual drop rates of Prototype gear and Jem'hadar ships? are they THAT low?
Expect the only comment to be "Working as intended"....

In other words some people will get them 3-4 times in a row and others will play 1000 and never see one. Reminds me just like the 3 "random chance" ships in the Deferi Dailies...

I did those everyday for months and never saw a ship. Then, over the course of 3 consecutive days I had one pop almost every time.

I cringe every time I hear them start implementing a "chance". They may claim it's working 100% "correct" but it sure doesn't feel like it.

At the very least they could skew the modifier based on the number of attempts since the last "chance" drop. That way nobody would ever run these 100 times and see nothing. Eventually you are guaranteed to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't recall seeing it written anywhere that you have a chance of getting the Jem'Hadar ship as a drop in the STF's. From my understanding, your only chance is from the red gift boxes only.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Regarding the the STF lottery, its also undermining what STFs are suppose to stand for. Maybe I got it wrong but arent STFs about promoting grouping up, team work and cooperation?
In the Pre-Season 5 STF's you had time to socialize , get to know ppl and their playstyle and strengths / weaknesses .

In the New STF's , on Easy mode you can barely get a "GG" from pug players at the end of the mission , and on Elite setting everybody is too busy surviving to do any socialization .

PVP is no better with the 5 seconds you can spend as a team after the match is over . You can't even congratulate your team or your rivals in that time .

All in all the social interaction has went down in this game from a 6 to a 1.5 . It's just sad that this game calls itself an MMO .