Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Agreed.

ABSTO.
Anything But STO.
Well said...
i think i play now a round of tetris or so...

Cryptic did nothing to deserve that award.

If it would be vapourware award i would give STO my voice, but after one year of fail, the dilithium debacle and the "winter event" as a bad wrapper for an unethical grab bag action with an chance of < 1% for the desired item?
Nay!
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm tempted to vote for RIFTs. They've had steady development and content releases this year. LOTRO as a possible second.

As a whole, if you include what's in-game today, STO's far better than many of its rivals. I'm not saying this through rose-colored glasses, just that many MMOs have either shuttered, laid-off or seen similar content slump (and many of those didn't have the breadth of additions Season 5).

As far as worst, I'd go with Star Trek Online (pre-Season 5 is a hands-down worst) or EVE Online's entire year (which has been the most underwhelming year for EVE updates).
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
As far as worst, I'd go with Star Trek Online (pre-Season 5 is a hands-down worst) or EVE Online's entire year (which has been the most underwhelming year for EVE updates).
You think Season 5 is actually better than the other seasons? Even though we've got no appreciable content aside from the DOFF System, a few tweaks and tons of nickle-and-dime C-Store stuff that mostly isn't balanced?

I enjoyed the other seasons much more because they actually added things like the Feature Episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
You think Season 5 is actually better than the other seasons? Even though we've got no appreciable content aside from the DOFF System, a few tweaks and tons of nickle-and-dime C-Store stuff that mostly isn't balanced?

I enjoyed the other seasons much more because they actually added things like the Feature Episodes.
To clarify: no Season has had featured episodes at its launch. One full season also launched this year.

Season 5 is better than Season 4 by far.

What I mean to say is that without Season 5, it'd be easy to declare STO the worst western MMO this year--granted the Romulan Series was some of the best themepark content I've seen in 2011.

With the inclusion of Season 5 into 2011--that makes it slightly less easy to determine as EVE has had significantly fewer updates: Captain's Quarters is a dud and provided no content, most changes to the game were negative, the monocle puts STO's item-shop squabbles to shame, etc.

Had Season 5 not come out, I'd say that STO had the most underwhelming year in MMOs but, with it, that puts STO neck-and-neck with EVE Online's equally underwhelming year.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Now if there were an award for worst / most neglected MMO of the year...
There is, but STO is not nominated there.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-11-2011, 11:55 PM
maybe if we vote for them we'll be rewarded with a gift receipt once they win woot!
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Yea... not gonna happen
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreams2112 View Post
maybe if we vote for them we'll be rewarded with a gift receipt once they win woot!
That's a nice dream, but it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
To clarify: no Season has had featured episodes at its launch. One full season also launched this year.

Season 5 is better than Season 4 by far.

What I mean to say is that without Season 5, it'd be easy to declare STO the worst western MMO this year--granted the Romulan Series was some of the best themepark content I've seen in 2011.

With the inclusion of Season 5 into 2011--that makes it slightly less easy to determine as EVE has had significantly fewer updates: Captain's Quarters is a dud and provided no content, most changes to the game were negative, the monocle puts STO's item-shop squabbles to shame, etc.

Had Season 5 not come out, I'd say that STO had the most underwhelming year in MMOs but, with it, that puts STO neck-and-neck with EVE Online's equally underwhelming year.
Ah, I see. Still, I'm more than a little angry about Season 5. Since most of this was supposed to be Season 4.1 and Season 5 had a bunch of OTHER things listed as far as content goes if we go by the last Engineering Report.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Ah, I see. Still, I'm more than a little angry about Season 5. Since most of this was supposed to be Season 4.1 and Season 5 had a bunch of OTHER things listed as far as content goes if we go by the last Engineering Report.
True but plans changed since August. That was six months ago--and I'm glad the devs pulled the Duty Officer System from being released during Season 4 until now. Cryptic's not a company that needs to be told to "rush" its content--quite the opposite, actually--if you consider the bugs that persist.

The Duty Officer System is one of the few stable, reliable, and thoroughly tested aspects of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-12-2011, 01:50 AM
I voted for STO. If you look past everyones gripes and qqing it actually is a good game.