Lt. Commander
# 1 frustrated
12-13-2011, 08:00 AM
I am very frustrated by one very annoying aspect atm of this game it seems that we have almost daily maintenance and I am wondering why must they do daily maintenance on the game like this I have never seen an mmo off line this much I pay my subscription to the game I want to play it on a daily not sit and wait several hrs almost every day just to play at a time I am able to enjoy the game the most can any one please explain to my WHY this game is down soo much
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM
I agree. I pay for this and I want to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Don't tell anyone... But you're paying for the Open Open Beta (yes... doubble open, because the Open Beta was on tribble).

They can deny it all they want, but it is pretty obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 08:23 AM
If there are patches, I am fine with meowntenance. However, if it's a hardware meowntenance one day, the other day it's suftware meowntenance and then the third day it's a patch ... THAT is what brings me on the palm sometimes. A bit of wideblick and this wouldn't happen. Proper planning and one meowntenance could sum it up for all three days.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I hate to rbeak it to you, but there are several mmo's out there that do daily maintenance... DCUO is one of them. with a major change in the game like F2P is going to be, they are likely trying to get as much bug/hardware problems as they can now rather than wait till F2P day... DCUO was flooded when F2P hit, it's best to get rid of these kinds of annoyances early so they can go back to the weekly maintenance/patching.

plus with every season theres usually a lot of patching and maintenance afterwards.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 11:55 AM
They just released a bug-ridden version of the game that will eventually be used to lure new players once the game goes F2P, so of course it's down for maintenance a lot. Expect this to continue to happen until and after it goes F2P. They're probably integrating new hardware for their servers to prepare for the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of new users this game is going to get in a little over a month. Also, they're adding new features and killing bugs. As long as they keep improving the game, I don't mind a 2 hour downtime every other day.

Like Tenkari said, DCUO has been down a lot. Global Agenda was down even more when it went F2P. Sometimes it was down for half a day or better, not just 2 hours like this game has been.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-14-2011, 03:59 AM
I love it when people compare STO to other games, and use the as an excuse for what people are bugged about...

Especially since it is obvious that STO is not thoose games.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Don't tell anyone... But you're paying for the Open Open Beta (yes... doubble open, because the Open Beta was on tribble).

They can deny it all they want, but it is pretty obvious.
Trible was the alpha not the beta test.
And as long as its payed its not "open" I guess...
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well, Holodeck is open to anyone who wants to stump up the subscription fee to get on...

Wholeheartedly agree with you though, that what we have on Holodeck is the F2P beta and we are paying for the privilege of being allowed to test it for them Should have stayed on Tribble (where betas belong) until it was ready to go live, because it obviously isn't ready yet.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Enough is enough... It was the Beta... Beta as in Major bug squishing build, open to anyone who have earned access or been defined as having access...

Alphas are... worse... ALOT worse.

Open or closed is a question of splitting hairs... The general Open beta was also limited to a certain amout of people who got their hands on a key....

I DO however agree that this is the Beta on LIVE server though.