Lt. Commander
# 21
12-13-2011, 09:14 AM
[quote][quote=claydermunch;3905279][quote=Roach;3905076]
Quote:

two wrongs don't make a right.
What two wrongs? Team work? or Attacking from surprise?
As I said the Leach doesn't have to even be a factor in your description of suddenly having 5 BoPs on your tail.

Quote:
Both feds and klinks needs adjustments - especially if you consider you kinda need willing feddies to join the klink related pvp queue.

Guess what nets you zero feds to shoot?
Then finally KvK could get some participants, which is great becuase the whole " I'll take my ball and not play" threat still doesn't strike fear in the KDF and is the biggest reason we patrol Ker'rat more than the Ques now a days.
Unless you feds are gonna vacate Ker'rat as well, and take you ball with you?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Roach, if you were designing a drain boat, what spaceframe would you start with?

Bear in mind that I'm very likely to act on your recommendations.
I wish I knew off the top of my head. I would have to refer over to someone whom knows the drain mechanics better than I and how to specialze them into a build.
Though a Bird of Prey is always a good start in my Book.
Raptors would probaly do well since they ha the firepower to kill the target quickly and the VoQ seems to be a favorite of the Aceton Assimilator using crowd.
Science as toon could be a big help with the SensorScan and SNB to help with the shutdonw and retain a lock-out on target.
Polarons and Tetryons may also be a factor to consider....

Unfortunately since the Leach and aceton assimilator are both outside the BOff abilities tree and the drain effects seem buffed by the skill tree, the real area to focus on appears to be just the skill tree and those skills that help drain.

Let me get back to you.

Enjoy what ever you come up with while you can though as the fedwhine will most likely see this fixed faster than we KDF saw a fix when the tables where reversed and we where being cheesed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey guys! Thought I'd pop in and inform you of an upcoming balance change to this particular console.

In testing, we found a few edge cases where the energy drain (and associated energy buff) could get out of hand for a few players, and their targets. In order to address these edge cases, without nerfing the average user, I instituted a stacking cap on both the debuff and the buff -- neither a target, nor the user, can receive more than 8 stacks of the plasmodic modifier at any one time.

This is especially important for groups that all are making use of this console, as the target they are firing at can only be drained up to 8 times, regardless of how many players using this console are firing on him. This will eliminate the scenario of 2-3 players using this console being capable of disabling a whole team of ships through the coordinated use of Scatter Volley or Fire At Will. While it was a fascinating tactic, this console was never intended to be a team destroyer on its own.

The drain itself scales from 1 power per drain, up to 2 if you are fully skilled in Flow Capacitors, for a total of 16 max energy drain/buff at any one time. This number was arrived at by looking at average use against a single target, and capping it slightly above what is easily achievable.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Hey guys! Thought I'd pop in and inform you of an upcoming balance change to this particular console.

In testing, we found a few edge cases where the energy drain (and associated energy buff) could get out of hand for a few players, and their targets. In order to address these edge cases, without nerfing the average user, I instituted a stacking cap on both the debuff and the buff -- neither a target, nor the user, can receive more than 8 stacks of the plasmodic modifier at any one time.

This is especially important for groups that all are making use of this console, as the target they are firing at can only be drained up to 8 times, regardless of how many players using this console are firing on him. This will eliminate the scenario of 2-3 players using this console being capable of disabling a whole team of ships through the coordinated use of Scatter Volley or Fire At Will. While it was a fascinating tactic, this console was never intended to be a team destroyer on its own.

The drain itself scales from 1 power per drain, up to 2 if you are fully skilled in Flow Capacitors, for a total of 16 max energy drain/buff at any one time. This number was arrived at by looking at average use against a single target, and capping it slightly above what is easily achievable.
Thanks! maybe this will quiet the froums on the subject. Is it just the Leach itself or Drain mechanics as a whole though that got a look-see?
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Is it just the Leach itself or Drain mechanics as a whole though that got a look-see?
Just this specific power.

If you have more feedback regarding drains in general, I'd recommend starting a discussion in the Powers forum.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Interesting. So the drain/increase of somewhere around if not over +20 was not intended then? And will now be maxed at 16 with a future patch.

Also what if I have the console, get the 8 stacks and someone else comes in with it also, would they get nothing out of it if the target has the 8 stacks? Or would they get the increase without extra drain on target? Or would we split the amount.

I use it more for the extra levels and less for the drain. Keeping weapons over 100 with rapid fire active is just awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
Also what if I have the console, get the 8 stacks and someone else comes in with it also, would they get nothing out of it if the target has the 8 stacks? Or would they get the increase without extra drain on target? Or would we split the amount.
If a target already has the max 8 debuffs, any new user will receive the standard power boost to themself but will not further drain the target.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Cool thanks for the info. Loving all the heads up.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic

Any word on when Consoles go cross faction? The KDF consoles are way more appealing than the Fed Consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Interesting. So the takeaway from this would be that ganging up on one or two Feds with this console would be counterproductive, and that ships with this console need to agree on separate targets in order to avoid handicapping themselves.

Dispersed hit-and-run tactics seem indicated IMO.