Lt. Commander
# 1 STF gear help!
12-15-2011, 07:17 AM
I only recently got into playing STF's and have got a couple of lucky rare salvage drops which I want to redeem for ship equipment. Now the thing I'm wondering is what should I go for damage type wise? I've always stuck with phasers up until now just simply because I like to RP a bit and they're canon . However so many people are using antiproton, is it a much more viable choice? I don't want to spend everything just to regret it a little while later!

I fly the Venture Retrofit so if anyone has builds they can recommend I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Now with the new skills you can fit whatever weapons you want on your ship. I like to mix up my weapons so at least one gets through with little to no Dmg Res. affecting it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2011, 10:47 AM
I still like phasers for the system disable chance but anti proton are just fine too. The skills change makes it easy to hop around different types but I would suggest sticking to a set of one type. The consoles that boost phaser, disruptor etc provide a much higher boost per console than the all beams, all cannons, etc ones.

Also for the STF borg gear store the torpedoes are better to get first than energy weapons because the borg extra dmg proc happens with every single hit while energy weapons only have the percent chance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Ok thanks for the advice I'm going to get the antiproton to start with as any other PvE other than the Borg STF's are a piece of cake with my current set up but the extra little damage from the antiproton will come in handy. Think I've been really jammy tonight managed to get 2 rare borg salvage drops, got my borg assimilated deflector and a free ship requisition thing for speaking to the NPC .