Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 In Search Of...
12-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I am looking for a fleet. Posted here because odds are much higher the members of the fleet I'm looking for read here, and not other forums.

Played from launch until a bit after Season 2. Leveled 1VA and 2BG on PvP back when it was a real grind and PvP was the only Klingon game in town. Season 5 is the first I've ever leveled a toon PvE - made RA-UH1 last night - started LT1 - which is so-so IMO for being back only a week+ after 15+ months away and having to relearn how to play STO.

Enjoy both ground and space PvP, and have found just about everything in STO can be fun with the right folks.

If you have never been called a cheater, hacker, or had disparaging slang tossed at you or your fleetmates by the whiner who you just blew up, I am not sure I want to join your fleet. I don't subscribe to the 'sacrifice of the honorable Klingon' line of thinking, rather Patton's law that notes the other guy dieing is always better. I expect to watch my ship explode playing STO, and expect to be called many things when blowing others up.

If you are not selective in how you choose fleet members, please have a good reason why.

If you or your fleetmates are the folks who don't actually practice PvP together, then cry and whine on an open mic endlessly because your pretty ship just blew up - don't contact me - I don't need that drama. If you cuss and get frustrated when you lose without spilling your frustration into the microphone - I respect that. I don't like to lose.

I will PvP, PvE, STF, whatever. Have been known to grind, which lately has been every minute in Season 5.

If you don't use voice software, I'm not interested. I don't talk much, but it's a cold day in hell before I'm typing into a chat box during PvP for instructions.

I enjoy playing both Fed and Klingon.

Of the 60 or so friends I have listed from back in the day, I've only seen 4 log in. Sad, but not surprising given the state of PvP in STO these days.

I have a life outside STO. It isn't going away. If that's a problem, you need a boy/girl -friend or should upgrade your wife/husband.

The endeavor of joining a fleet in STO is about people (hopefully adults), not characters. If you usually ask folks to "meet you on your bridge" for an interview "in your ready room," that's very likely not the fleet for me. I'm not against RPing or the social aspects of the game, but it's not a style I am familiar with and I'm probably terrible at it anyway.

I'm also probably terrible at PvP right now - game has changed a lot. Luckily because I PvPed in the early days when PvP QQs were actually popping every few minutes, I'm apparently moderately wealthy enough to catch up quickly. I lack the knowledge of game changes through 3 seasons and the new gear to know how much I don't know.

PM if I might fit with your group. I play nights EST, often late nights.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't think the Pandas are for you, no one ever calls us cheats
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Your mature tone and professionalism echoes throughout your lengthy resume. The place to find what you seek is the organizedpvp chat channel, where the most experienced and knowledgeable pvpers banter and harass eachother. Many fleets and some interfleet groups exist among the ranks of the elite players. The top tier fleets are filled with genuinely helpful and friendly players, willing to explain, join, and compete against you in pvp.

I personally run a small fleet of klingon specialists, and would be grateful to fly with you in the queue, private big game pvp, 1v1 or kerrat. I wish you luck in finding a fleet and hope u use the in game chat channel as a resource in your renewed quest to pvp in sto. gg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Joe - good to see a name on the forums I recognize. I do follow the channel, think that one replaced premadepvp at one point.

I'll look for you in game once I finish this fed tac toon - thx for the reply.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
I don't think the Pandas are for you, no one ever calls us cheats
The Pandas are cheats.

Happy now?

Quote:
I'm also probably terrible at PvP right now - game has changed a lot. Luckily because I PvPed in the early days when PvP QQs were actually popping every few minutes, I'm apparently moderately wealthy enough to catch up quickly. I lack the knowledge of game changes through 3 seasons and the new gear to know how much I don't know.
But... but... the QQ is still strong!

Sounds like a good application and probably fititng what most PvP fleets in this game want to provide.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Your mature tone and professionalism echoes throughout your lengthy resume. The place to find what you seek is the organizedpvp chat channel, where the most experienced and knowledgeable pvpers banter and harass eachother. Many fleets and some interfleet groups exist among the ranks of the elite players. The top tier fleets are filled with genuinely helpful and friendly players, willing to explain, join, and compete against you in pvp.

I personally run a small fleet of klingon specialists, and would be grateful to fly with you in the queue, private big game pvp, 1v1 or kerrat. I wish you luck in finding a fleet and hope u use the in game chat channel as a resource in your renewed quest to pvp in sto. gg
Joe my feelings are hurt you never have extended a invitation to me. SmallSam is OP :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Your mature tone and professionalism echoes throughout your lengthy resume. The place to find what you seek is the organizedpvp chat channel, where the most experienced and knowledgeable pvpers banter and harass eachother. Many fleets and some interfleet groups exist among the ranks of the elite players. The top tier fleets are filled with genuinely helpful and friendly players, willing to explain, join, and compete against you in pvp.

I personally run a small fleet of klingon specialists, and would be grateful to fly with you in the queue, private big game pvp, 1v1 or kerrat. I wish you luck in finding a fleet and hope u use the in game chat channel as a resource in your renewed quest to pvp in sto. gg
Mini, i think its only me and you left in DBD...lol
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 AM.