Lt. Commander
# 1 Unacceptable load times.
12-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Played over the weekend. There were several instances where DS9 took so long to load that I was DC from the server for being idle too long. At times ESD is nearly as bad (10+ min load times).

People, this isn't even F2P yet. If the system can't handle the current number of players congregating in certain areas what is going to happen when F2P hits?

This problem needs to be addressed, preferably sooner than later.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 08:26 AM
on occasion I was getting some really horrid loading times when trying to get on ESD or DS9. Sometimes upwards of 5 min, but every other place I tried to zone into over the weekend was normally around 30 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
on occasion I was getting some really horrid loading times when trying to get on ESD or DS9. Sometimes upwards of 5 min, but every other place I tried to zone into over the weekend was normally around 30 seconds.
The DS9 problem is because there are always about 50 people standing in the STF gear shop. ESD has always been slow b/c of the number of people there buying ships, getting promotions, training BOffs, etc. Those functions need to be added to all the other stations in the game. Give people more than one place to go and you won't have to deal with such large numbers all in one spot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
The DS9 problem is because there are always about 50 people standing in the STF gear shop. ESD has always been slow b/c of the number of people there buying ships, getting promotions, training BOffs, etc. Those functions need to be added to all the other stations in the game. Give people more than one place to go and you won't have to deal with such large numbers all in one spot.
Well you can do some of this stuff at Starbase 39 and Drazana Station, but since ESD is a central hub for missions and whatever else it's hard to get around that. It seems more that since season 5 started it made the issue worse, and I don't always experience it. Just perhaps one or two times a day, which leads me to believe it's something more in the programming than just the amount of people standing around.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2011, 08:47 AM
When it takes me 3 minutes to load into Deep Space Nine during Eastern peak hours? That's too bloody much. I didn't have a problem until Season 5 went live. I hope this is because so many people are actually playing the game now. I hope you guys have your crap together for F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
That ultimately doesn't deal with the problem. If it is simply a population issue then Cryptic needs to lower the population caps on those instances.

Of course, over in Champions Online we saw populations in Millennium City instances hit 1000+ at one point and we never saw anything like this and they run off the same basic engine. So I have trouble believing that it is simply the number of people.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Yeah, it's been bad all weekend, but I had it happen a lot in the evenings late last week too. I would give up and purposely disconnect after about a minute and a half or two minutes, and log back in, and I'd get right in.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Played over the weekend. There were several instances where DS9 took so long to load that I was DC from the server for being idle too long. At times ESD is nearly as bad (10+ min load times).

People, this isn't even F2P yet. If the system can't handle the current number of players congregating in certain areas what is going to happen when F2P hits?

This problem needs to be addressed, preferably sooner than later.
The loading screen gets to 95 or 96% loaded and then goes at a snails pace on ESD and DS9. This doesn't happen every time I go in there
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I haven't had any problems getting to ESD or DS9 super quick. I have dynamic patching turned on. Is that why?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I haven't had any problems getting to ESD or DS9 super quick. I have dynamic patching turned on. Is that why?
I have it turned off and I too have seen no issues loading. In fact, ESD has been loading a lot faster than it used to.