Lt. Commander
# 11
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
It's not patching anything. I truly believe it is directly associated with the number of players in each instance. DS9 never had this problem before the STF vendor was added. Having STF stuff available there and only there means tons of people popping in and out all the time.

I did notice that disconnecting and logging back in got me into DS9 almost instantly. I wonder if the server is giving priority to people who are logging in vs people who are beaming in.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I had the same problem occasionally in Tribble server. I doubt the number of people was the cause there either.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
It's not patching anything. I truly believe it is directly associated with the number of players in each instance. DS9 never had this problem before the STF vendor was added. Having STF stuff available there and only there means tons of people popping in and out all the time.

I did notice that disconnecting and logging back in got me into DS9 almost instantly. I wonder if the server is giving priority to people who are logging in vs people who are beaming in.
We never see anything like this in, say a busy area of Sector Space or most other high traffic areas. It's mainly Quo'noS, ESD and DS9. Even related instances like the academies and the system spaces attached don't experience it.

I'm curious as to whether this is an issue related specifically to vendors access and the number of people accessing them, and not simply total population numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
That ultimately doesn't deal with the problem. If it is simply a population issue then Cryptic needs to lower the population caps on those instances.

Of course, over in Champions Online we saw populations in Millennium City instances hit 1000+ at one point and we never saw anything like this and they run off the same basic engine. So I have trouble believing that it is simply the number of people.
Of course, the city area is far, far larger then ESD or DS9.

I'd say an easy way to fix it and reduce load times is add one option "Automatically enter lowest population district."

My thoughts is simply the amount of people and the size of the area.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
We never see anything like this in, say a busy area of Sector Space or most other high traffic areas. It's mainly Quo'noS, ESD and DS9. Even related instances like the academies and the system spaces attached don't experience it.

I'm curious as to whether this is an issue related specifically to vendors access and the number of people accessing them, and not simply total population numbers.
It's probably some combination of the people, the fancy graphics, and the business being conducted. Space sectors and mission instances don't have nearly that much going on. I'd like to think this could be solved by lowering the cap of number of players in an instance.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-12-2011, 12:03 PM
It's obvious that it's an issue for some people, but I don't think it's that easy for the Devs to locate and squash simply because there are many (like me) who've been playing since the original closed beta in 2009; and I've NEVER ONCE experienced a 'slow loading zone sotuation' described in this thread.

Since Season 4 - I don't think I've ever had it take longer than 30 seconds for a populated zone (like ESD) to load - and the avverage time for me is 10 - 15 seconds max. I do know the issue is occuring for other people as when we're doing STF runs, often teh same two will say over voice chat

"...And here I'm stuck loading into DS9 again..."

While the rest of us are standing in the DS9 zone redeming STF requisitions and gear.

If it were a simple population issue, one would think everyone would experience the same type of thing on a consistent basis; but to date (and maybe I'm llucky, but there are plenty like me as well) I've never seen/experienced this issue - although I'm sure it does exist.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
on occasion I was getting some really horrid loading times when trying to get on ESD or DS9. Sometimes upwards of 5 min, but every other place I tried to zone into over the weekend was normally around 30 seconds.
Oh BTW, between in-map transfers in wow you had 0 seconds, here, not so with all the instancing.

Just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It's obvious that it's an issue for some people, but I don't think it's that easy for the Devs to locate and squash simply because there are many (like me) who've been playing since the original closed beta in 2009; and I've NEVER ONCE experienced a 'slow loading zone sotuation' described in this thread.
I first noticed the slow load times at the end of last week. And it's not every time I visit one of these stations. It's about 1 in 4.