Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I mean 220 C-Points to have a chance at getting a rare or very rare Doff just seems like a bit much.

Iím thinking that 100 C-points is more than enough for a chance pack of random duty officers.

If the packs were guaranteed to come with 5 un-commons and 1 rare and 1 very rare, I could see maybe 200 C-points.

Iíve yet to buy any doff packs since the build was moved over to holo and I donít think Iíll ever be tempted to spend 220 on a random chance pack.

Is anyone else buying doff packs and if so do you feel that they are a good value?

Thanks for your time
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I mean 220 C-Points to have a chance at getting a rare or very rare Doff just seems like a bit much.

Iím thinking that 100 C-points is more than enough for a chance pack of random duty officers.

If the packs were guaranteed to come with 5 un-commons and 1 rare and 1 very rare, I could see maybe 200 C-points.

Iíve yet to buy any doff packs since the build was moved over to holo and I donít think Iíll ever be tempted to spend 220 on a random chance pack.

Is anyone else buying doff packs and if so do you feel that they are a good value?

Thanks for your time
Now look at it from the other side...

How much would you charge if you were trying to pay your bills??

(and no, I haven't purchased any either)
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I've bought one. They aren't worth it. At least they aren't worth it until they can fix the packs so you no longer get refugees or some of the other civilians in them. I got 2 green refugees. And by green, I mean uncommon, not orion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I've bought 2 or 3 of the packs, mostly to get myself started before I realized how easy it was to do the recruiting assignments. Now my roster is full and I have to sell doffs. No need to buy them from the c-store at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2011, 08:54 AM
There are really only two reasons to buy this:
  1. Faster leveling - For this, rarity doesn't matter. Quantity is what they are after.
  2. Collectibles - People in this group would likely buy it either way, so price doesn't play a huge role.

Considering you get DOFF packs in the game for free via the recruitment missions, what value does your change really add?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Considering that, yes, this is a grab bag I think that it's overpriced.

In fact... I said they should be 100cp when this was on Tribble still.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post

Thanks for your time
I made a comment about this while they were on Tribble (was very nice that C-store points transferred over seperately). The answer is no, I don't feel they provide enough value for what you do get in them. I did buy a bunch when the doff system hit on live with C-store points I had stockepiled and will never buy them again if the drop rates remain the same. On Tribble, that is what I mianly used my stipends for. The chances to drop a Very Rare are very very slim and you could easily open 30 packs and not get one. The worst cases is when you only get the bare minimum 4 common, 2 uncommon, and 1 rare and those have been the bulk of the drops. I have 37 packs on Tribble I will test with and come up with some hard numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Personally I'm cool with the costs, pay more for a pack of you-gi-oh cards...which oddly enough don't get accusations of a grab bag...
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I havent purchased a single pack and I have gotten tons of new Doffs just by doing the recruitment missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I havent purchased a single pack and I have gotten tons of new Doffs just by doing the recruitment missions.
same here and purple doffs can be obtained in a variety of ways.

Using STF tokens to buy Borg doffs
Maxing out a tier of assignment type...max diplo for example and you can buy a slection of green,blue, purple doffs directly with dilthium

If any thinks they will get the purple doff setup without putting time and effort in then your mistaken.

Yeah sure go for the "lucky bag" in the cstore..its a shortcut you buy with real money, dont expect it to to pay off as well as time and effort