Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Message Sent:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
I made a comment about this while they were on Tribble (was very nice that C-store points transferred over seperately). The answer is no, I don't feel they provide enough value for what you do get in them. I did buy a bunch when the doff system hit on live with C-store points I had stockepiled and will never buy them again if the drop rates remain the same. On Tribble, that is what I mianly used my stipends for.

Message Received:
Wow, look at these statistics! Check out all the DOff packs people are buying on Tribble at the 220cp price point! Obviously people think this is a GREAT DEAL! We need to get this live right now!
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Personally I'm cool with the costs, pay more for a pack of you-gi-oh cards...which oddly enough don't get accusations of a grab bag...
Yes they do. In fact there are cases pending for this type of thing in several different states and countries.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I bought two packs, one Fed and one Klinkside, just to see what was in them. I was the kind of kid who liked to take alarm clocks apart, so curious tinkering and disassembly is in my nature.

That said, I doubt I'll buy any more, since you earn plenty of doff-age just by doing missions. Packs are overpriced, IMO, and really not necessary anyway. I'll save my CP for something consequential.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
same here and purple doffs can be obtained in a variety of ways.

Using STF tokens to buy Borg doffs
Maxing out a tier of assignment type...max diplo for example and you can buy a slection of green,blue, purple doffs directly with dilthium
I actually bought a pack with my KDF for that reason. They didn't get "free" set of green/blue/purple doffs at start. But when the first pack I bought contained a rare refugee I stopped there.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Iím glad to see that Iím not alone in thinking that the packs are overpriced and yield very little benefit.

Iíve been able to amass enough doffs to just by doing missions and exchange steals to outfit my KDF and Fed mains with 85 doffs each and my 5 underused alts with 60 each.

Iím actually level my KDF Tactical alt solely with the doff system.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
The Doff booster packs should only be 160 points that way you can afford 2 with your monthly stipend.

I've already hit 100 Doffs on my main toon thanks to being able to trade all my free 5 man boosters to my main toon. I'm already getting rid of my white doffs on my main. It won't be long before I start to get rid of the Green Doffs as well.

I hope when they release the next expansion of boosters durring the next FE they drop the price down to 160 points.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
The Doff booster packs should only be 160 points that way you can afford 2 with your monthly stipend.
Why is 2 some kind of "magic number"? Why not 125 so you can afford 3? Or just 100 so you can accord 4? I'm just curious why you think 2 is what people should be able to get with their monthly stipend.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Worth 220? Not IMO. But if you really want to send a message to Cryptic, DON'T buy any more of them. They will keep the price at where it's at as long as people continue to buy them. Plus, it's easy enough to get them through assignments. And if you REALLY need them right a way, you can buy them on the exchange. Prices are coming down. On release, they were listing for over 3 mill. Yesterday, I think I saw some for 300K. You can expect these prices to come down more over time as people get more doffs.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM
i think the DOff packs are way to cheap

if you are THAT lazy that you have to buy them then you should pay extra for the convenience of not playing the AFK game to get them.

i log in once a day on all my toons, do the SFA lore quest and some stuff on ESD, + winter event
that gives you more than enough opportunity to pick up some doff recruitment assignments.

i didn't even realy bother with it by now and have around 50 DOffs on every char, give it another month and i will have to start to dismiss the low level ones to get better ones :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I think 220 is too much. 100-150 might be better. Even with buying increased roster sizes, I probably won't buy any more doff packs, even with my stipend. They're just too expensive for the value they provide. I'd rather use c-points for ships, bridges, dilithium, etc.