Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
Any chance of re-labeling the "Request Duty Officers" tab in the Doff window to "New Duty Officers"?

As far as I can tell it only reflects new officers that have just joined your crew (plus new ones you can buy in the C-Store). The "request" part is very confusing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter View Post
Any chance of re-labeling the "Request Duty Officers" tab in the Doff window to "New Duty Officers"?

As far as I can tell it only reflects new officers that have just joined your crew (plus new ones you can buy in the C-Store). The "request" part is very confusing.
Not quite true.
Yes you see a quick roster of the most recent aditions to your crew.
But also you got the option to unpack a cadre pack in you inventory and most importend you got this shinny button to buy a cadre straight from the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alith-Ahnar
Not quite true.
But also you got the option to unpack a cadre pack in you inventory and most importend you got this shinny button to buy a cadre straight from the C-Store.
While it's true, there is a button for a direct link to the C-Store, that isn't really the drawing feature on the tab. I think most players can probably find their way to the C-Store via the C-Store button on the map UI as well as the website.

I think simply, "Officer Requisitions", or "Officer Orientation", maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alith-Ahnar
Not quite true.
Yes. But...
1) 'new duty officers' would still communicate it has something to do with getting new officers (which is what a person wants to do when they are looking for a way to acquire more) and...

2) it would eliminate the confusion caused by the fact that while you can purchase from that screen, you can not find any 'request officer' DOFF missions on the screen, and...

3) it would let you know where to go when you want to review your new troops, which right now there is nothing to let you know that you can do so on on that screen. I was wishing I had a way to look at just my new troops other than try to remember their names as they flash by and then go hunt for them in my roster. Since I'm in favor of the ability to buy DOFF packs on the c-store, but extremely irritated by the presence of a big 'BUY NOW' banner 'outside' of the c-store I had already made it a point to avoid the Request Officer screen. I looked at it a second time after having purchased some packs (on tribble server) to confirm that at least you could go there to open packs in case you didn't know to r-click and 'use' them, but that was it. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I discovered that you actually do get a chance to review new troops on that screen, so I go there more often now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournerX
While it's true, there is a button for a direct link to the C-Store, that isn't really the drawing feature on the tab. I think most players can probably find their way to the C-Store via the C-Store button on the map UI as well as the website.

I think I'd like to see 'Requisitions' used only in relation to shipyard things. It's already kind of confusing how the term is used on ESD now. Adding a third type of 'Requisition' would only make that problem worse. I'm not 100% on this one, cause there are some different sides that I think have merit, but overall I like the setup on K7 much better with the use of 'Armory' for ground based features, (ground Weapons, humanoid costume changes, etc) and 'Requisitions' for Shipyard (New ships, ship costumes,etc.)

Either way I'd like to eventually see one term settled on to exclusivly refer to where you get stuff for equiping/customizing your ground toon & another exclusivly relating to where you equip/customise your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:

UNLESS..., the intention for the Request Duty Officer tab is to not just be your introduction to new arrivals and C-Store direct portal, but perhaps we will see that UI also house a DOFF-only exchange, much like the new Dilithium addition.
Lt. Commander
# 7 name change
12-13-2011, 08:23 AM
I agree with the name change. +1
Also your cadre's will show up on this page as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:

Officer Orientation sounds good. You're getting to know you're new Doffs and can requisition more.

Quote:
UNLESS..., the intention for the Request Duty Officer tab is to not just be your introduction to new arrivals and C-Store direct portal, but perhaps we will see that UI also house a DOFF-only exchange, much like the new Dilithium addition.
Oh... that sounds even better. An exchange for doffs unlike that shoehorned one in the Access.