Lt. Commander
So I guess I should have asked around before I purchased the new Klingon Quad-Cannon Raptor, as I find myself a little more than dissappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the ship is great, and the Cannons themselves are performing just as I expected them too. My problem is the fact that I can't have more than ONE on my ship at a time.

I figured being a ship weapon (Like the TOS Enterprise blue phasers) and not a console (Like the anti-matter spread cruiser) meant that just like the TOS blue phasers, they wouldn't be unique and thus I could have as many as my ship could equip. I was wrong though. I even thought that since my ship could equip more than one Hargh'peng torpedo launcher, that it only confirmed that my quad-cannons SHOULD be multi-equip weapons.

So I guess I am PLEADING with you wonderful folks at Cryptic, to reconsider. I was DELIGHTED at the idea of purchasing this ship... but I would be lying if I said that it wasn't primarily for the quad-cannons I could use on future ships. I claimed my free klingon BoP with the super nuka positronic torp launcher and I can see why THAT weapon should be limited as it's REDICULOUSLY powerful... but the quad cannons aren't nearly as dramatic.

If this policy is altered to allow quad-cannons to be multi-equip weapons then I will DEFINATELY be purchasing the sao paulo as well, but until that decision is made... I will be crossing my fingers hoping for a miracle!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2011, 05:06 AM
That Special Torpedo was decent but due to cooldown and slow flightspeed it is not what I would call all that powerful in reality.

I know why they do not want to allow you to have multiples of this cannon. That being that it would lesson your need for Dilithium to buy the other guns you need. On the other hand the Blue Phasers do set a precedent that you can stock up on such things though keep in mind that the Devs did not even mean for you to be able to do that originally.

Oooone issue with loading up on Quads though: Your Weapon's power would be murdered.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
So I guess I should have asked around before I purchased the new Klingon Quad-Cannon Raptor, as I find myself a little more than dissappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the ship is great, and the Cannons themselves are performing just as I expected them too. My problem is the fact that I can't have more than ONE on my ship at a time.

I figured being a ship weapon (Like the TOS Enterprise blue phasers) and not a console (Like the anti-matter spread cruiser) meant that just like the TOS blue phasers, they wouldn't be unique and thus I could have as many as my ship could equip. I was wrong though. I even thought that since my ship could equip more than one Hargh'peng torpedo launcher, that it only confirmed that my quad-cannons SHOULD be multi-equip weapons.

So I guess I am PLEADING with you wonderful folks at Cryptic, to reconsider. I was DELIGHTED at the idea of purchasing this ship... but I would be lying if I said that it wasn't primarily for the quad-cannons I could use on future ships. I claimed my free klingon BoP with the super nuka positronic torp launcher and I can see why THAT weapon should be limited as it's REDICULOUSLY powerful... but the quad cannons aren't nearly as dramatic.

If this policy is altered to allow quad-cannons to be multi-equip weapons then I will DEFINATELY be purchasing the sao paulo as well, but until that decision is made... I will be crossing my fingers hoping for a miracle!
I agree with the idea that the Quad cannons should be more free to use, possibly limit it to only two (if detractors cry foul) but I see no reason why it can't just be a weapon ( minus the engine debuff ) but its performance is very wishy-washy in my opinion. One day it seems great the next it does not.

The Bio-Nueral warhead is a Tric pony, great if luanched at 2.5 km and fun to watch but mainly ineffective if shot at 15km. I do love watching the feds and NPCs shooting at it as it comes flying into range though.
While no more powerful than a regular Tricobalt torpedo (imo) it is a hoot to play with in PvP.
Thanks Devs!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 08:49 AM
At the end of the day, the quad-cannons, phaser and disruptor, need to be done away with all together in favor of a console (or better still a device in a/the device slot(s)) that makes any mounted cannon(s) have the "quad" visual.

In addition, it could carry with it a mild offensive bonus with a mild defensive penalty, such as the current draw to engine power.

It should of course be passive, i.e. "always on" so long as it is installed.

Having specific weapons, particularly ones that aren't very good and that can't be poly-mounted are more or less worthless for anything other than a "hey look at this" benefit. If they are to be nothing more than a skin/costume on the ship and a mediocre visual, then the price them accordingly...

If it is to cost what it does, and I have already bought both the Federation and Klingon examples, then make it worth buying... As it is, the ship is what's interesting, as opposed to the bonus item which is what most people buy the +1 ships for.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
That Special Torpedo was decent but due to cooldown and slow flightspeed it is not what I would call all that powerful in reality.

I know why they do not want to allow you to have multiples of this cannon. That being that it would lesson your need for Dilithium to buy the other guns you need. On the other hand the Blue Phasers do set a precedent that you can stock up on such things though keep in mind that the Devs did not even mean for you to be able to do that originally.

Oooone issue with loading up on Quads though: Your Weapon's power would be murdered.
I don't... it's not any better than DHC's. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I do suppose that drawing 10 points from your weapons, in addition to 10 points from your engines would bleed you of your manuverabillity if you had 3+ equipped. Hrm... DHCs siphon -12 power just to your weapons... lets do the math.

With 3 DHCs loaded on the front of your raptor, and 2 turrets loaded in the rear, at 125 weapon power, you would expend:
52 weapon power with an end weapon power of:
73, which is still reasonable and effective.

With 3 Quad Cannons in front, and 2 turrets in back, at 125 weapon power and 50 engine (if your like me), you would expend:
46 weapon power, AND 30 engine power with and ending power loadout of:
79 weapon, and 20 engine...

ouch. Every single time you fired... you would drastically lose your maneuverabillity and speed and defensive bonuses for a second. Hrm... Despite that significant sacrifice to your engine power... I think I would still want to equip at LEAST 2, along with 1 DHC. Yeah, that sounds nice and reasonable.