Lt. Commander
# 381
02-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannasha
The Biofunction Monitor console isn't that useful. I would replace it with either the Point Defense System console or the +35% shield capacity console (can't recall its name atm).
Science - Field Generator
Lt. Commander
# 382
02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
Science - Field Generator

Thanks, I got one but noticed my shields didn't go up. Hmmm
Lt. Commander
# 383
02-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I notice people are STILL recommending TS and CSV, is this a PvP thing or something? Only way I can imagine that they're feasible.

TS and CSV hit just as hard as HY or CRF, except it invites you to get your *** kicked in STFs. Its not a good idea to attract attention there with your fancy AoE skills, lest you LIKE watching yourself explode.
Lt. Commander
# 384
02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platewearingbird
I notice people are STILL recommending TS and CSV, is this a PvP thing or something? Only way I can imagine that they're feasible.

TS and CSV hit just as hard as HY or CRF, except it invites you to get your *** kicked in STFs. Its not a good idea to attract attention there with your fancy AoE skills, lest you LIKE watching yourself explode.
Huh? CSV and TS are the cat's meow in STF. Don't leave home without it. I thought the way you did too at one time. But now I'll NEVER go back to beams or CRF. It's a badge of honor to get a handfull of weapons aimed at me. It means I'm hitting hard. I't's also why we have a means of escape like APO.
Lt. Commander
# 385
02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platewearingbird

Well, it is easier to use Scatter Volley and Spread, so lets call it the brain-dead methode. For Rapid Fire and High Yield you'll get a feeling for how much damage is needed to kill someting and this leads to being able to switch to the next target as soon as enough damage is on its way. It's probably a matter of taste. I like to control what I'm fighting, so I prefer single target attacks. It's not really worse, it's just different and requires an additional klick or key hit to go to the next target.

You also have to remember that cannons lose a lot of damage over range, so scatter volley is just a joke on long range. If your ship can't take a hit, AoE can easily screw your day or that of the whole team in a way usually only FAW cruisers manage to do. And it is always a pleasure to fight next to an AoE junkie on Infected or KA. As soon as he/she/it hits the gate it always targets me instead, must be some kind of weird karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
It's a badge of honor to get a handfull of weapons aimed at me. It means I'm hitting hard. I't's also why we have a means of escape like APO.
No, it is not. It just means that you are the only one crazy enough to attack everything all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 386
02-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadja92
Thanks, I got one but noticed my shields didn't go up. Hmmm
Try looking at the stats in space. Mine don't show up on ground, either.
Lt. Commander
# 387
02-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
Try looking at the stats in space. Mine don't show up on ground, either.
Hey thanks, really confused me on DS9 :p
Lt. Commander
# 388
02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadja92
Hey thanks, really confused me on DS9 :p
Anytime. That's why people like me are around
Lt. Commander
# 389
02-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Lots of time to talk builds now with the queue system being completely busted!
Lt. Commander
# 390 STO STF Normals for Noobes
02-18-2012, 09:05 PM
After seeing a number of noobes going off on their own today in normal STF's I looked for and found a decent guide.

It's actually called STF Normals for Noobes.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=246186

It doesn't matter how good the build is if you don't know how to fly the mission.