Lt. Commander
# 571
03-10-2012, 04:26 AM
I've got the 3 piece MACO XI set with the assimilated console. I got my second piece of Mk XII gear tonight.
Would it be worth it to go Mk XII Engine & Deflector, Mk XI Shield with Assimilated or hold out for the Mk XII shield? I also have a piece of prototype salvage. I could get a standard bord Mk XII shield. What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 572
03-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post
Yes the Gurumba is expensive - but grind dilithium for a while and you can save up for something brilliant
Gurumba is the best ship in the game by far. I killed a Defiant with ONE SHOT the other day in Ker'rat. So much fun.

However, its KDF and this is the Federation Shipyards :p
Lt. Commander
# 573
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
I've got the 3 piece MACO XI set with the assimilated console. I got my second piece of Mk XII gear tonight.
Would it be worth it to go Mk XII Engine & Deflector, Mk XI Shield with Assimilated or hold out for the Mk XII shield? I also have a piece of prototype salvage. I could get a standard bord Mk XII shield. What do you guys think?
You're lucky, I've been playing Elites for weeks now and haven't gotten any of the Elite drops yet. But I'm still playing in PuGs mostly. I could really use the MACO or Omegs XII shield.
Lt. Commander
# 574
03-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
You're lucky, I've been playing Elites for weeks now and haven't gotten any of the Elite drops yet. But I'm still playing in PuGs mostly. I could really use the MACO or Omegs XII shield.
I've been playing STFs for two months and only recently switched exclusively to Elites. I refuse to play pugs. I joined the EliteSTF channel. I would strongly encourage you to do so as well. After two months I still don't have the accolade for getting the optionals for all 6 normal stfs. After 2 weeks in the EliteSTF channel I have the accolade for getting all the optionals on Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 575
03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venturion
I'm still incredibly confused as to what I should get for my Prototype Borg Salvage. Should I get Antiproton DHC's or DC's? Are these viable weapons for PvP?

I'm honestly not sure! Can you guys provide any insight towards this question? Browsing around, I see a lot of people say that DHC's are better, but there are still quite a few people who swear by DC's.
I use AP DHC, without problems, i think there are better weapons for PVP as you loose some of your potential "purple" with the BORG advantage
Lt. Commander
# 576 nerfed
03-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Before it get's nerfed try the Jem Hadar shelds and a shield officer doff.

Edit>>>>>>>

Never mind, it's an Exploit. It also cause all kinds of other problems when you use it. I ran across it accidentally and read about it later.

It was interesting to try though.
Lt. Commander
# 577 Cannon Boat.
03-14-2012, 07:10 AM
After reading a couple post yesterday on another thread I decided to try all Cannons and Turrets.

So far so good. Kills seem a bit faster.

I was able to move all the skill points from the torps to energy weapons and max my weapon skills. Then I was also able to beef the tanking quite a bit.

I tested the build in a couple Karrat sets, Eta Eridani dailies and about a dozen STF's.

I sure wish global warming would hurry and get here so I could go outside and get a life.
Lt. Commander
# 578
03-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
After reading a couple post yesterday on another thread I decided to try all Cannons and Turrets.

So far so good. Kills seem a bit faster.

I was able to move all the skill points from the torps to energy weapons and max my weapon skills. Then I was also able to beef the tanking quite a bit.

I tested the build in a couple Karrat sets, Eta Eridani dailies and about a dozen STF's.

I sure wish global warming would hurry and get here so I could go outside and get a life.
Did you follow Vizmu's skill point build earlier in this thread?

I respeced to that build, and I'm not sure I'm doing any better than my previous build. I had maxed out Warp Core Efficiency, which boosted all of my subsystems (except for weapons) as long as the power levels are under 75.
Lt. Commander
# 579
03-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
Did you follow Vizmu's skill point build earlier in this thread?

I respeced to that build, and I'm not sure I'm doing any better than my previous build. I had maxed out Warp Core Efficiency, which boosted all of my subsystems (except for weapons) as long as the power levels are under 75.
I don't share my skills but It's pretty close to a couple other's that have been posted here. Dropping Torps enabled a lot of stuff that I was lacking in before. I was able to max all the admiral weapons skills and add points to some of the tanking buffs. Warp core Eff and Pot have always been maxed.

I'm seing a pretty healthy difference in just about everything. Plus I'm using the Jem'Hadar XII shield without the Sheilds doff in order to avoid the cheat. I do really like those shields.

For Boffs I'm using CSV1, CRF2, and CSV3. I ended up with an unused bottom slot in my CTS station and I may drop CSV1. The LT CTS station is still TT1, TT2 and APO1.
Lt. Commander
# 580
03-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
Frankly, I find the three piece maco bonus HGB to be not that useful. I have gone to using the deflector and the shield and then making sure to slot both the borg console and engine. This way you get both of the two piece bonuses for these sets whether you are using XI or XII maco. The real diff here is in engine performance. The borg engine gives a base power bonus and makes you a little quicker I find. The maco engine has thrusters that allow you to rotate when held. As you should be carrying some skill like omega or polarize hull to get free from holds...I find this less important in STFs. Getting shot at a lot, I also find the borg regeneration bonus from the 2 piece a plus as it seems to activate regularly for me. The fact is when the HGB was useful in STFs for shutting down transformers, generators...The maco 3 piece was a must for the shear increase in speed it allowed you to finish STFs in. Since the nerf/fix (I still think it was working as intended...just happened to be too well) I just don't find the 3 piece maco as useful.

One note:
People always ask about the level XI or XII...the fact is that the practical differences are small between the same gear types from one level to the other. This always worries me though because your gear choice should first and foremost be based on your skill tree...what powers and abilities you slot and have put skill points into. If you have a XII deflector that gives bonus gravity related skills but you don't use any of those skills...you are not maximizing your build. You really have to pay attention to get the most out of all the gear. The solution is to read all the tooltips, compare options, and use what best boosts you. First look for what style(maco, omega, or even standard in some cases) boosts or compliments your build best, then get the best rank you can, and finally look at the fringe bonuses from 2 or 3 piece sets experimenting to see if you do better with a single set type or with a mix and match.