Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 651
03-31-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
No they do not. If you have two Tac teams then you can have Tac Team going constantly sending shield power where it is needed most. As opposed to mashing distribute shield power every 2 seconds and wasting shield power to facings that aren't taking damage. The other teams DO share a cooldown. So if you're rolling Tac team you won't be able to use Engineering Team or Science team.
Well, there is a 5s gap, but otherwise yes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 652
03-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
Well, there is a 5s gap, but otherwise yes.
I've never noticed a gap, but I usually pop them with something else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 653
04-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
Well, there is a 5s gap, but otherwise yes.
f you use a green con officer DOFF tactical team version, this will cut this gap to only 1 sec, and blue or better should eliminate it completly.
http://www.stowiki.org/Specialization:_Conn_Officer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 654
04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilus1
f you use a green con officer DOFF tactical team version, this will cut this gap to only 1 sec, and blue or better should eliminate it completly.
http://www.stowiki.org/Specialization:_Conn_Officer
no it doesn't
tactical teams hold 10 secs and timer is 30 sec for the one you used and 15 for a second tac team. So there is a 5 sec gap between tac teams. With maco 2 set bonus, and a conn officer tac team you can try living with one. But only with tactical initiative or photonic officer you can get it to 15 sec from 30, so 2 will be safer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 655
04-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micha1x2
no it doesn't
tactical teams hold 10 secs and timer is 30 sec for the one you used and 15 for a second tac team. So there is a 5 sec gap between tac teams. With maco 2 set bonus, and a conn officer tac team you can try living with one. But only with tactical initiative or photonic officer you can get it to 15 sec from 30, so 2 will be safer.
You say "no it doesn't", however, you do not explain why or how.
The description of the con duty officer states that it reduces the cooldown on the tac team ability. If I equip one, I expect that it will do so. Are you saying that it reduces the cooldown on the 30 sec timer, but does absolutly nothing for the 15 sec timer, or what? What evidence do you have of this, is there some dev statement, or have you actually timed it, or what?

BTW, with two tac tams on a macro, PLUS a distribute shields on a macro, the distribute ihelps cover any gap. It sorta does the same thing as tac team, just slower, a lot slower. It makes up for the slowness by only having to cover at most 5 seconds. Distribute shields is good enough at lower levels (mostly) to cover the fact that at those levels you don't really have enough space for powers to run two tac teams.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 656
04-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Newsflash, from this post http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=263115&page=3
We see this:
"Having done some serious experimentation recently I have to conclude that my DPS dropped significantly when I swapped out to Dual Cannons away from the Dual Heavies.

The Static part of my escort build was
Fore: 1 Torp, 3 X
Aft: 3 Turrets

With 3 Dual Cannons I lost quite a bit of DPS during Rapid fire and Scatter Volley. And since I have one of each one is always up.

With 1 Dual Heavy Cannon and 2 Dual Cannons, my DPS was in still that bit lower than 3 Dual Heavies.

Now with 2 Dual Heavies and 1 Dual Cannons my DPS actually surpassed my 3 DHC build.

Now I didn't swap out anything but Cannons so energy type and boost consoles where still the same, so I'm going to make the assumption that it's the way the Energy drains that helps my DPS here."


Note his statement, that it was the drop in DPS of his Rapid Fire and Scatter Volley that resulted in his reduced DPS overall. The conclusion is that you want to find the best combination of weapons and comlementeray powers, not just plain weapon DPS without using powers.

It would appear that most people may see an increase in DPS, IF they are also using two or more cannon powers, by switching from 3 dual heavies to two and one regular dual.
However, I have thought of a possibility. I understand that the weapons used first are the ones to the left on your ship layout of fore and aft weapons, it may be that it might make a difference if you put that regular dual cannon to the left of the heavies or to the right, if it is true that the way they use power is what effects the DPS. It may also effect which cannon contribute the most to the powers, like Rapid Fire and Scatter, which suggests that putting the heavies to the left might work.

Also, earlier, two torp launchers were tried with one quad cannon and one regular cannon. It may be that the powers to go with the cannon and the way they use power do not go well together. A quad or regular dual and a regular dual heavy may work better. This however assums that two torp launchers are even optimal, it may be that with 3 purple DOF's you are already at max with just one.

Lastly, is the data on this site up to date ? http://www.freemmoguides.com/star-tr...weapons-guide/
BTW, it agrees with the data above, saying that more than two dual heavies are not optimal,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 657
04-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilus1
f you use a green con officer DOFF tactical team version, this will cut this gap to only 1 sec, and blue or better should eliminate it completly.
http://www.stowiki.org/Specialization:_Conn_Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by micha1x2
no it doesn't
tactical teams hold 10 secs and timer is 30 sec for the one you used and 15 for a second tac team. So there is a 5 sec gap between tac teams. With maco 2 set bonus, and a conn officer tac team you can try living with one. But only with tactical initiative or photonic officer you can get it to 15 sec from 30, so 2 will be safer.
What Micha said.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilus1
You say "no it doesn't", however, you do not explain why or how.
The answer is global cooldown.

When you use tac team, you can't activate another copy of tac team until 15s passes.

As the Tac Team buff only lasts 10s, you will always have a 5s gap in between buff uptime.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 658
04-04-2012, 12:49 PM
So there in no point using con doff if you runing 2 tactical teams then?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 659
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoset
So there in no point using con doff if you runing 2 tactical teams then?
Well, I don't actually own any purple Conn DOFFs that buff tac team.

I think common reduces rech by 2s and green by 4s.

If Purple reduces rech by 8s then you could theoretically run only 1 copy of TT with 2 of these DOFFs and it would function as if you had 2 copies of TT.

I can't really confirm if it works that way or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 660
04-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I have a blue con doff and i says reduce tt by 6sec and buff to starship attack patterns +8 attack patterns for 10sec. Maybe the buff to atack patterns is worth it even if the 5sec gap can't be reduced.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 PM.