Lt. Commander
# 671 Great Guide!
04-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this tread!!

I found it VERY useful!! - I am pleased to say that I got most of the weapons right, most of the officer skills, but I would NEVER have though of using more than 1 of the same type of item in the consoles. (3x same item in tactical slots). - It is going to make a big difference, I am sure!! - I read this thread because the game is down for maintenance, I have spent the time constructively...

Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
# 672
04-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Got lucky last night - mako shield and deflector XII. Using 2mako + 2borg set seems to be the perfect equipment for me. Especially with 3 field generators(flying mvae). On elite stf can tank tacticle cubes almost all the time and the cubes can't 1shot me anymore (maybe once per 10 missions).
After many testing, I find CSV and Torp Spread much more effective for stf than CRF and THY.
This thread has been extremely useful. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 673
04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoset
Got lucky last night - mako shield and deflector XII. Using 2mako + 2borg set seems to be the perfect equipment for me. Especially with 3 field generators(flying mvae). On elite stf can tank tacticle cubes almost all the time and the cubes can't 1shot me anymore (maybe once per 10 missions).
After many testing, I find CSV and Torp Spread much more effective for stf than CRF and THY.
This thread has been extremely useful. Thanks.
I couldn't begin to say how many elite STF's Ive done and I have yet to see the Elite X!! shield drop. LOL

It's a myth.
Lt. Commander
# 674
04-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
I couldn't begin to say how many elite STF's Ive done and I have yet to see the Elite X!! shield drop. LOL

It's a myth.
I've only seen Mk X KHG / MACO / Omega components drop from normal mode STF's...
Lt. Commander
# 675
04-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
I've only seen Mk X KHG / MACO / Omega components drop from normal mode STF's...
I've gotten a full set of Mk XII MACO space gear, a Mk XII Omega Deflector, and MK XII MACO armor. It took about 2 and a half months. I played STFs for about a month, to get the MK XI set, before I started on Elites. I would guess- know way I can tell for sure- that it took about 150-200 runs on Elite to get each piece.
Lt. Commander
# 676
04-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Like i said - i got lucky been playing stf and elite stf for 2 weeks or less
For what i read on the forum during the cardassian lockboxes event the drops on STF were much lower, but i was playing elites after they were gone. I suspect now with the ferengi boxes will be the same.
Lt. Commander
# 677
04-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoset
Like i said - i got lucky been playing stf and elite stf for 2 weeks or less
For what i read on the forum during the cardassian lockboxes event the drops on STF were much lower, but i was playing elites after they were gone. I suspect now with the ferengi boxes will be the same.
the lock boxes draw from a different loot table. So they shouldn't effect the drop rate for prototype tech or salvage. But so many of the frackin' things drop it does look that way.
Lt. Commander
# 678
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
bump bump bump
Lt. Commander
# 679
04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I've been playing with my build for awhile and now I'm thinking about using a different kind of torp. I've been using a quantum launcher with one console, 3 purple PWO DOFFs, and BOFFS with TS2 and TS3. But, I've got a photon torpedo launcher in the bank. Are any of the other torps good for STFs?
Lt. Commander
# 680
04-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
I've been playing with my build for awhile and now I'm thinking about using a different kind of torp. I've been using a quantum launcher with one console, 3 purple PWO DOFFs, and BOFFS with TS2 and TS3. But, I've got a photon torpedo launcher in the bank. Are any of the other torps good for STFs?
I've tried a number of torps. The quantum seems to do the best.

BUT...

Do a little research there on torps healing the borg. I don't recall what it was but it might have been the duty officer that was causing the torps to heal the Borg.

You might want to see if you can find that and see if it's been nerfed or what.