Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
This is a purple (very rare) assignment. It yielded a critical success, yet I only got a rare shield.

I would have thought that this assignment would yield a very rare shield considering that it was a very rare assignment completed with a critical success, yet the assignment outcome is quality+0%.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
The "very rare" is supposed to be an indicator of how often that assignment appears..

Whilst in fact it still appears somewhere every rotation. I personally would like to see this one a little less and the similar armour one a little more.. but that's me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Okay, but if a success yields blue quality should not a critical success yield purple?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Other assignments do seem to work that way.. (I critted a ship shield one to get a purple..)

So yes it doesn't quite work like the others, but I would hazard a guess that it's intentional, if only to leave getting purple Mk XI's personal shields to the STF / Crafting goodies.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Other assignments do seem to work that way.. (I critted a ship shield one to get a purple..)

So yes it doesn't quite work like the others, but I would hazard a guess that it's intentional, if only to leave getting purple Mk XI's personal shields to the STF / Crafting goodies.
Why would they intentionally do that for the personal shields but not the ship shields.

Maybe it is a bug or unknown feature which causes critical success not to yield purple.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Hmm, I actually do like the [Mob] modifier; it would be awesome if the shield would actually be VRare if you crit in the future! *hint, hint*
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse

I love your f'ukk sig lmao
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
The shield has a quality not found otherwise: [Mobility]. So even though it is blue/rare it seems to actually have three qualities like a purple.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
The shield has a quality not found otherwise: [Mobility]. So even though it is blue/rare it seems to actually have three qualities like a purple.
Works great with the snow boots fron Q and on my Caitian bridge officer on ground combat...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
I love your f'ukk sig lmao
I have plans for it.. if I can find the right assignment and get the right result.

"That was the best f'ukking party he'd ever attended!!" or sommat.

Or if I was artistic enough... I'd put snow on the borders and have sommat like well I'm sure you could guess..