Lt. Commander
# 31
12-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Its not the names bothering me, its cycling through the target button or clicking on a target with the mouse to target a ship and gets fighters/mines instead.
yOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS TO IGNORE npc AND PETS, THEN ITS A NON-ISSUE.

Of course you will have to manually target said NPCs and pets from then on in combat as the Devs can't seem to give us two seperate commands.
One for Players and then one for NPCs/Pets and allow for easy switching between the two as targeting options.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergenera1 View Post
i have 2 feds toons and 1 klink toon,but i still think that its more team makeup than it is the "cheese" itself.when im in my kar'fi carrier ive had 6-7 wins in a row until a fed fleet comes on and bashes the klink pugs into the ground.all feds pugs lack is organization and teamwork, and the lack thereof is y feds get rolled all day long.
I have argued for a very long time time that has been a MAJOR issue with the Fed's chances at winning.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
There are still players froma some known fleets that think mine spam is cool. Its funny that you see a lot more feds flying cruisers now. I was AMS'd 3 times in row last night.
At least AMS has a working counter now. That was my only complaint about it.

I find it funny they still cry foul of Carrier spam even though the Devs have done everyhting but sell an interns soul to satan to try and fix it to the feds liking... and then some feds still argue for a carrier of thier own, as if the spam of pets would just be alright after that is implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
yOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS TO IGNORE npc AND PETS, THEN ITS A NON-ISSUE.

Of course you will have to manually target said NPCs and pets from then on in combat as the Devs can't seem to give us two seperate commands.
One for Players and then one for NPCs/Pets and allow for easy switching between the two as targeting options.
But I do use the mouse a lot, when trying to target a ship surrounded with mines and fightters, wont this still be a problem? I know what youre saying about the ignore, but wouldn't mouse clicking (honestly one of my prefered methods) have the same result as before?

I do agree that a second button or an onscreen toggle would be very usefull...
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
At least AMS has a working counter.

I find it funny they still cry foul of Carrier spam even though the Devs have done everyhting but sell an interns soul to satan to try and fix it to the feds liking... andthe some feds still argue dfor a carrier of thier own, as if the spam of pets would just be alright after that is implemented.
I have no desire to get a carrier for any of my Fed' toons. Don't need it........ or the spam...........
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
No less enjoyment than the fed AMS until a reliable counter was put ingame for it. The AA will be a secondadry thought once they give a "one button" counter for it ingame since shooting them down is too difficult for the feds.

Shoot it with torpedos

Fly around it. Its a wall and nothing more.

Engineering team is suppossed clear this. Engine batts and other "run" items help one escape still but the the turn rate lock is only cleared by ET, I believe.

I believe like EWP there is only a soft counter to this. Possibly HE?

countered by ST, though I've seen some saying it still disables EVM at times.
Thanks for the list Roach, copied, pasted and printed....
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
But I do use the mouse a lot, when trying to target a ship surrounded with mines and fightters, wont this still be a problem? I know what youre saying about the ignore, but wouldn't mouse clicking (honestly one of my prefered methods) have the same result as before?

I do agree that a second button or an onscreen toggle would be very usefull...
I fly mouse nad left hand keyboard using Tab to target, so yes if you click to target the problem will still exist for you as the pet can layer over your primary target.
Sorry. Until they can find a way to make trhe mouse clikie ignore NPCs/pets and still function properly in PvE the mouse targeting issue will remain.

Quote:
Thanks for the list Roach, copied, pasted and printed....
Its more snarky than helpful, imo. I would copy Steve Hales post or compile one based off the entire thread.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
I fly mouse nad left hand keyboard using Tab to target, so yes if you click to target the problem will still exist for you as the pet can layer over your primary target.
Sorry. Until they can find a way to make trhe mouse clikie ignore NPCs/pets and still function properly in PvE the mouse targeting issue will remain.
No need for you to apologize, you didn't do it. I'll change my prefs' and see if that helps, but I am sort of stuck in my "point and click" addiction. I'll have to make a macro /target_roach.......
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Join the darkside of the macro...we have cookies!
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:

Its more snarky than helpful, imo. I would copy Steve Hales post or compile one based off the entire thread.
I will have to find it, thanks.....