Lt. Commander
# 11
12-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Maybe we'll finally have a chance to get a TR-116 rifle.
You have my support :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-13-2011, 05:14 AM
If it means future episodes, content packs and certain ships can be free in the future (for everyone) then great, I don't mind them using this as a tactic to make money if it can go towards making the actual game better. But if all we're going to see from now on is c-store content, then no thanks..
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-13-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
The winter grab bag seems to be a smashing success. After only a few days Cryptic must have sold hundreds of these things.

So what do you think are the odds we'll see them come back during the 2nd Anniversary?

Maybe we'll finally have a chance to get a TR-116 rifle. Or maybe the golden ticket will be husnock warship or Liberated borg sphere.

Would you have a problem if these grab bag celebrations become the norm in STO?
I beg of you not to encourage this type of behavior from Cryptic or Perfect Word. it only breads more discontent and dissention within the ranks. A career Master Sargent having to salute and address a wet be hind the ears Second lieutenant as Sir and so fourth.

these grab bags ( lottery tickets ) are bad for the community, no mater how much they bring in for Cryptic. I understand with the F2P Model things are going to change. but treating us vets who have been here since before Cryptic picked up the game like just another F2P player and forcing ( yes it is forcing ) us to spend more money for only a 1 in X0000th of a chance at a new hot item is like a slap in the face of your core player base, those of us who stuck it out over half the server life with out any new real content.

I'd go as far as to say it's Pay to Win ( where as Pay means keep paying until you get the random uber item you've made nearly impossible to get any other way )

I digress

I love the Winter Event, it's a great tech leap forward and I hope to see things like the slippery ice option make it's way to the Foundry along with the tech used to make it so if you leave the course of the race you fail, that was amazing and could see it being ported into a space race. ( Hint Hint ) think you could sell the flight suit as a costume pack and everything. :p

May the Prophets guide you. and Not the Profits
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-13-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm against encouraging Cryptic to make something like the winter box again.
This game is already going down the cash grab road and I don't see the intent of Cryptic to add content for our money. KDF is still getting the "soon" or so texts.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-13-2011, 06:16 AM
I suspect grab bags will become the norm too. There are too many saps out there that'll fall for this scam, with the idea that if you bang your head against a steel door enough times it'll open up and release the goodies. In the end I cant fault cryptic, if people are going to be dumb, why not take advantage of them and accept their money.

really people, if no one fell for this scam, and they didnt make money off of this the bug ship would be in the C-store at a much cheaper price then the 200$ people seem to be dropping.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
The winter grab bag seems to be a smashing success. After only a few days Cryptic must have sold hundreds of these things.

So what do you think are the odds we'll see them come back during the 2nd Anniversary?

Maybe we'll finally have a chance to get a TR-116 rifle. Or maybe the golden ticket will be husnock warship or Liberated borg sphere.

Would you have a problem if these grab bag celebrations become the norm in STO?
1. there not only for anniversarys/holidays i don't know what gave you that impression other than them getting released in december.

2.WE WILL see these on a regular basis.

3.people will get angry about them, especialy once they start throwing in VET rewards and stuff like that, but it will settle down by this time next year since we have no choice there buisness plan is basicly "if you dont like it F off" where as when we was a paying customer they had to at least pretend to listen to us.

4.i dont have a problem with them, i just have a problem with the communications between the game and the fans, take that dev post the other day basicly just saying forum goers are crying babys - stuff like that, even if true dosnt need to be said by someone from a compnay WE keep alive. disgracfull.

just refer to the link in my sig as to the lotto boxes
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
4.i dont have a problem with them, i just have a problem with the communications between the game and the fans, take that dev post the other day basicly just saying forum goers are crying babys - stuff like that, even if true dosnt need to be said by someone from a compnay WE keep alive. disgracfull.
Um, citation needed....
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Um, citation needed....
cant find the thread, someone posted it here earlier thismorning.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
cant find the thread, someone posted it here earlier thismorning.
Well, I'd still like to see a link. I follow the dev tracker on twitter and I don't ever recall seeing anything like that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSnowblind View Post
If it means future episodes, content packs and certain ships can be free in the future (for everyone) then great, I don't mind them using this as a tactic to make money if it can go towards making the actual game better. But if all we're going to see from now on is c-store content, then no thanks..
The beauty of it is that they can already say bug ship is free. You can get it without paying a single cent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Well, I'd still like to see a link. I follow the dev tracker on twitter and I don't ever recall seeing anything like that.
I think it was a quote from a CO dev, not STO. I don't care enough to search for it either.