Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
Can we please have information windows like those that appear in Cloaked Intentions episodic content, having these windows appear with your bridge officers updating you gets in the way, especially at the end of some of the stf's like finishing part of KA ground that brings up Depart system before you get a change to grab the loot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Please get rid of the annoying pop up windows EVERYWHERE !

Other than in the tutorial itself -- before you get to ESD -- (the actual learning to walk, going through your fist space battle, equipping your ground gear for the vega colony) other than the above I have never found one of those help boxes that told me anything useful. I'm talking about the large orange pop up window.

(I love the mouse over pop up tips -- they are very helpful -- it's the big orange 'help' windows that are nothing but in the way after the combat part of the tutorial. The moment you set foot on ESD the big orange help are nothing but an inconvenient disruption to playing the game.

Please give us the ability to toggle these things off. This is one of those things that has been a problem for the whole time I have been playing the game (since around Apr 2010). I have looked on line and asked fleets and zone chat. No one seems to know a way to turn these off. If there is already and I missed it I would be thrilled to admit I am wrong on this one.

(P.S. -- I have never played an STF so I can't speak for them there. I hate them most when it pops up as I am trying to talk to a vendor. I'm talking to him right now so I can see for myself what he offers. I don't need a box to pop up on the other side of the screen that I have to drag my mouse over to and then back to what I was doing just for the box to tell me what stuff this guy sells which I would be browsing right now if I wasn't having to close the stupid 'help' box.)

Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Not trying to change the topic of the thread. Just saying that if they are annoying when I am doing basic things on ESD, then I'm willing to take the OP's word for it -- I bet the're pretty annoying on STFs too. So therefor it would be great to just toggle all of them on/ off.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 02:39 PM
what annoys me about these pop ups is how they uncloak my kdf characters
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivyn13
what annoys me about these pop ups is how they uncloak my kdf characters
This ^^^ it does it to feds too.
(Whispering )"helm set course to be hind that ship"(helm loud voice)"what"? (Ship decloaks) "not this again what did I tell you about keeping quiet whilst we're cloaked" enemy ship fires and does massive damage due to an unprepared crew.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 11:30 PM
I can't tell you how many times myself or other players die after we down a Borg cube and we are close and the pop up stops the ship and then we die from the explosion. I wish the pop ups would not stop the ship at least.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlava646 View Post
I wish the pop ups would not stop the ship at least.
Turn the option 'On' to continue moving during dialogue. It's been in the game forever. There are separate settings for Space and ground (with ground having one setting each for RPG and Shooter mode).
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Second that motion. There should be an option to have these default to the Low Priority section of the UI. (The place where the astrometrics button is.) Its really annoying when they pop up in combat. As an experienced player, let me choose when I am ready for the message, not just jam it in my face.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Hear hear!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2011, 10:01 AM
I've been playing since season 1, I don't need these damn pop up windows for ANYTHING! Give us the option to turn them off. If there is something you feel the players need to know, just have it scroll across the screen like when one of our friends logs on. This stupid pop up box gets me killed in kerrat several times a day. It's annoying as hell, & does absolutely NOTHING to improve my gaming experience.