Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
So on the latest episode, Al Rivera (lead designer) was on the show, with some players, to discuss the exploit. You can see it here.

"It'd be curious you guys seem to know more about this than we do, which it is starting to sound like you actually might.." - Al Rivera

A funny old line, but a depressing one none the less. So, after all this time, all this promise of us not being ignored despite numerous protests and attempted explanations, promises of all bug reports being read, and still, to this date, they do NOT understand what the problem even is, or have any idea how to reproduce it.

How is this even possible? Is this STO Vegas? Does what happens on the forum, stay on forum? I am truly disappointed. And these guys were just talking about shields too. *Le sigh*.

I guess if you guys want to get heard, try getting on STOked somehow, because if they talk about it, it suddenly matters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks STOked.

Give enough clues there?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Hahaha, and this guy is working for Cryptic? They should hire Era, since he solved the chat malfunction problem with displaying moar heals. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
....facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Judging by what I saw in the video, that particular bug/exploit has been around since beta. Hopefully it has finally been squashed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
So... players have provided all this information in bug reports several times over the last months. And yet the info failed to reach the systems designers, only making it through an external channel. This, to me, indicates some serious flaw in the QA process, and I urge Cryptic to investigate where this issue got stuck and why.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Right around 4 minutes in, did he say that shield regen was effected by aux power level?

Also, lol display bug.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Right around 4 minutes in, did he say that shield regen was effected by aux power level?

Also, lol display bug.
Yes he did and that goes against what is stated as it states it goes off your Shield power level in all the other tooltips regarding innate shield regen. If it goes off AIX for the actual Regen, it would be nice to state that in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Shield power regen affected by aux?

That proves how much they actually know about their own code.

Oh wait turnrate is also still affected by aux right?

My ....

This is so sad. Nice for the voldy, no problems here.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Target aux three officer prices now skyrocketing on the exchange, probably :p