Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 Ouch
12-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Cryptic IMO has some tough questions to answer after that episode. Is feedback really not wokring on the forums? Does the ticket/report bug system really get used or get read?

It seems that the PvP community knows more about balance issues, bug issues, hacks etc than they do, and it showed.

Lesson learned and now maybe they'll listen to us now?
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-14-2011, 12:56 AM
One more proof that their QA-department and/or the communication between QA and Devs is seriously lacking.... or some bug is hiding some of the bug reports written by players. Which is sadly quite plausible after hearing "We can't find your bug report" so often.

Now at least they know of the real Voldi (at least of one of them I gave up counting).

About Aux helping shields... in case of doubt I say he was so shocked about Voldi that he confused some things he usually knows quite well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Maybe its time for someone to start a PvP podcast that highlights such cheats and bugs in a public and vocal format that can't be ignored or silenced or overlooked?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
with people that had a clue. A lot of what was vocalized was almost incoherent and all over the place. It would be nice to have people actually string coherent thoughts together. I am almost of the mindset that everyone should have the exploit because I feel cryptic knows it is not widely known and therefore they have time but if the whole community did it, it would do 2 things, make cryptic sit up and really look into it, actually bring balance to the game. of course all of this is my humble opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Maybe its time for someone to start a PvP podcast that highlights such cheats and bugs in a public and vocal format that can't be ignored or silenced or overlooked?
You know, that's not a bad idea, Roach. Interview some of the PvP Fleet's leadership, talk maps, strategies, make announcements for player made PvP events. Maybe a blow by blow account of the action in Ker'rat .
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
. Maybe a blow by blow account of the action in Ker'rat .
I was going to say something funny, but i don't want to get banned.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavase

It seems that the PvP community knows more about balance issues, bug issues, hacks etc than they do, and it showed.
It would be funny if it wasn't true

I am indeed glad that some light has finally been shone on this issue, but I am significantly more depressed as to how little they knew, and how much that says about how they value PvP community feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-14-2011, 09:56 AM
I watched that segment and was apalled by his lack of prior understanding. The fact they spent a significant portion of an EXTERNAL, PLAYER-MADE broadcast to get a dev understand a bug which he admitted to not being totally well-informed, was insane. That dev should have been paying closer attention to his official sources, like bug reports and forum posts.

This is sad, and only publicizes the already well-known flaws of the QA department. Cryptic, get your poop in a group, and atleast make sure your devs don't make fools of themselves on a podcast... failing miserably at something is bad enough, letting a PR failure like this out? Only emphasizes the incompetence and unprofessionalism.

Improve.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The fact that the PvP community has to resort to such a step is bad enough. Cryptic shouldn't have to rely on, of all things, PODCASTS, to fix something
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
The failure from the beginning has been keeping the details secret.

Get everyone using it so they have to fix it.