Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
The fact that the PvP community has to resort to such a step is bad enough. Cryptic shouldn't have to rely on, of all things, PODCASTS, to fix something
Well, evidently it does considering how long this has been an issue before the "airtime" got an acknowledgment of its existance.
So it seems that a PvP podcast could do some good for pushing such issues to the front of the line, so to speak.
But your right , It shouldn't be neccassary.....
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
This is sad, and only publicizes the already well-known flaws of the QA department. Cryptic, get your poop in a group, and atleast make sure your devs don't make fools of themselves on a podcast... failing miserably at something is bad enough, letting a PR failure like this out? Only emphasizes the incompetence and unprofessionalism.
Of course everyone has the right to ventilate his opinion, but isn't this kinda harsh?
IMO, I liked it. He was honest and willing to do something about it.
Making a fool of himself? I don't think so, he is just new to the codes of this game.
PR failure? Not really imo, I find this very good. In fact, lot of other games I've played, there was no communication at all with the players...

With a reply like yours, you will make them never come to a podcast again... And that will be sad, as you can see, it can make a difference
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
The failure from the beginning has been keeping the details secret.

Get everyone using it so they have to fix it.
Would that still constitute a bug/exploit or a feature?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Well, evidently it does considering how long this has been an issue before the "airtime" got an acknowledgment of its existance.
So it seems that a PvP podcast could do some good for pushing such issues to the front of the line, so to speak.
But your right , It shouldn't be neccassary.....
Maybe they should hire those guys to thier staff to test this stuff out professionally...
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Maybe they should hire those guys to thier staff to test this stuff out professionally...
That would be my idea if I was incharge. Find few select PvP'ers whom know there stuff and allow them private test times to put new powers through the paces.
Hardly anybody tested this stuff on Tribble in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 26 My favorite Line
12-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Al: "Of couse it was all just a display bug."
STOked: "Yeeaaaahh........."
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Al: "Of couse it was all just a display bug."
STOked: "Yeeaaaahh........."
Yea I loved that bit. My jaw just fell and I was like "Display issue my rear torpedo launcher"
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Of course everyone has the right to ventilate his opinion, but isn't this kinda harsh?
IMO, I liked it. He was honest and willing to do something about it.
Making a fool of himself? I don't think so, he is just new to the codes of this game.
PR failure? Not really imo, I find this very good. In fact, lot of other games I've played, there was no communication at all with the players...

With a reply like yours, you will make them never come to a podcast again... And that will be sad, as you can see, it can make a difference
The failure comes in the fact that the PvP community, among others, have been VERY vocal about this issue.

People have been banned and the like for talking about it. So the mods saw it. People have submitted numerous bug reports and Cryptic have PROMISED us they were read. Devs on the forum have explicitly promised to resolve this particular issue. And yet, after all this, in a public interview their LEAD designer admits he has no idea what we have even been talking about this whole time.

The only possible conclusions are, they haven't been listening, and they have been lying.

Most certainly a PR foot in the mouth as they have proven that despite all their platitudes they really don't give a rats cloaca about us or what we have to say and that every pretence at listening was just that, a pretence.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
That would be my idea if I was incharge. Find few select PvP'ers whom know there stuff and allow them private test times to put new powers through the paces.
Hardly anybody tested this stuff on Tribble in PvP.
This. ^^^

There's a huge difference between someone saying 'It broke. Fix it.'

And someone saying 'Look here at this exploit I have found and can replicate. Here are the conditions under which it occurs.'

Problems have to be *replicated* before they can be analyzed and solved, and it's entirely possible that the devs never understood enough about Voldy to replicate it themselves. Without replication, devs don't get it, and without getting it, they sure won't be able to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-14-2011, 03:15 PM
as far as i understand it this Bug/exploit has had numerous problems and was not just one issue. he knew about the exploit in general and had either fixed or been fixing some of the problems including a display bug but it was only when someone explained it face to face that he realised the full extent of it.