Lt. Commander
I find it annoying to have to stop after ever re-spawn on Elite missions and manually select and repair my own problems.

Id like it better to just get a prompt from my 1st Officer that just let me know what damage my vessel suffered and whether or not we have the materials on hand for it to be it to be repaired.

Example:
(Insert Rank here) We suffered critical damage to our Auxiliary systems, I dispatched a repair crew and it was quickly repaired.

Or

(Insert Rank here) We suffered critical damage to our Auxiliary systems, we lack the needed (insert component name here) to repair the damage ourselves and will need to address the problem at the nearest Star Base.

The above example just feels more Trek to me.

Very rarely did you see a ship Captain let alone Admiral making their own repairs, that seems more like Han Solo than Captain Picard to me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2011, 11:48 AM
In universe reason: You're not repairing it personally, you're still telling someone else to do it. The reason why you have to tell them manually is because you have a limited supply of non-replicatable parts on your ship and you need to make a decision on whether to use them now and risk needing them in a more important system later (eg what happens if you use a part to repair your torpedoes and later that day need them again to fix the life support systems but can't because you used them already)
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2011, 12:40 PM
<Deep in the blackness of space a battered Bird of Prey leaves a trail of tiny fragments>

< suddenly a teeth-chattering vibration ripples down the keel of the ship, acompanied by sounds of tearing metal and escaping gases>

" Number One! What was that! Are we under attack?!"

" No Sir, we just lost the port nacelle, sir."

" WHAT!! Why was damage control not already working on repairs?"

" Merely awaiting your orders to start , Sir."

" What! Why not start what you know I will wish done? "

" I would never presume to think for you, sir. "

" Funny, you have no issue with telling me what to do on every other occassion..."
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
<Deep in the blackness of space a battered Bird of Prey leaves a trail of tiny fragments>

< suddenly a teeth-chattering vibration ripples down the keel of the ship, acompanied by sounds of tearing metal and escaping gases>

" Number One! What was that! Are we under attack?!"

" No Sir, we just lost the port nacelle, sir."

" WHAT!! Why was damage control not already working on repairs?"

" Merely awaiting your orders to start , Sir."

" What! Why not start what you know I will wish done? "

" I would never presume to think for you, sir. "

" Funny, you have no issue with telling me what to do on every other occassion..."
That was classic
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Your ship is repaired automatically. It's just really slow if you don't use bridge officer abilities to speed it up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Actually it would make more sense for it to be done by Doffs, as your Boffs are on your bridge not repairing the ship.