Lt. Commander
# 21
12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
This part of the story isnt finished but im giving you what i have so far.

it is very unpolished and needs a lot of refinement and a lot more added to it.

I also cut out the Flashback section which is something Shakara goes through during the "transition"

Larishkal Reborn

Bridge USS Eagle NCC- 1738

Shakara found herself on lying on the deck. She was not sure how she had gotten there but that was where she was, the carpet was rough on her antenna’s as she moved her head just a bit. A strong stabbing pain came from her left antenna. ‘Great’ She thought ‘not again.’

Slowly pulling herself up she croaked “Damage control report Abby!”. She saw that Mirra was already moving to get back into her seat at the helm. Her navigator was still unconscious so she moved to help revive him and get him on his feet. As he began to get up she looked over towards Mirra “Mirra helm Status and Position Report!”

“Engineering to Bridge” Eric’s voice came across the comm speaker in her chair. She stepped over to the Chair and pressed the button. “Bridge, Fortal here, go ahead.”

“All Systems are coming back online. However I’m receiving a misalignment signal from the warp drive systems control. We have warp power but the Starboard nacelle appears to have been possibly damaged. I’m sending out a survey team to check it out.”

“Understood. Keep me informed.” Shakara paused a moment “And Eric, Be advised Captain Harrison has been killed. “ She said quietly. There was a short moment of silence from the comm.

“Understood Skipper” Eric replied “engineering out.”

“Captain, Damage control central reports that damage control teams are already at work repairing inner hull ruptures. They are sending up a list of estimated consumables lost due to decompression.” Abby said to her from the communication station “ They also report that the torsional damage to support structures are still with in tolerance for continued operation until engineering can free personal for full repair.” Shak nodded at her.

“Captain” Shak turned to Mirra. “Position report is we are heading away from the nexus of the anomaly at approximately 46000 Kilometers a second. Our course is 134 mark 54. The ship is in a slow spin to starboard. We appear to be free of the anomaly. It is no longer trying to pull us in.”

“Alright correct the spin on Eagle and bring us to all stop and station keeping”

“Aye Aye.” Mirra replied and he blue fingers began to move across her board.

“Abby standby to record for transmission”

“Recording”

“To any Starfleet vessel this is the Federation Starship Eagle, Commander Shakara Fortal commanding. We are in need of assistance. We have encountered an anomaly of unknown origin and have structural damage and Warp Drive is down. We require assistance from any nearby vessel. Our position is embedded in this transmission. Repeat we are in need of assistance. Eagle Out.”

“Abby attach out current position and transmit that on Starfleet emergency channel 4. Set it to repeat till someone answers.”

“Aye Aye Captain.” Abby replied. Shak was not sure she could get used to being called captain, especially on Eagle. This was Robert Harrison’s ship, not hers but right now she had larger things to deal with.

Bridge of USS Sovereign Trust

Admiral Shaaded Varsec was sitting in his command chair as they raced towards the emergency beacon they had picked up. His comm officer turned to him.

“Admiral the Emergency Beacon has shut down and we are receiving a visual signal but it’s on a frequency that Starfleet hasn’t used in almost 70 years.”

Varsec frowned a bit. “Curious, very curious indeed. Put it on screen.” He said.

The communication officer’s hands moved deftly over his console and a moment later the main visual display of warp space was replaced with the image of an Andorian woman. There appeared to be a large bruise on her forehead just under her left antenna. The last time he had seen a uniform like hers was in a museum ship a few years ago.

She began to speak. “To any Starfleet vessel this is the Federation Starship Eagle, Commander Shakara Fortal commanding. We are in need of assistance. We have encountered an anomaly of unknown origin and have structural damage and Warp Drive is down. We require assistance from any nearby vessel. Our position is embedded in this transmission. Repeat we are in need of assistance. Eagle Out.”

Varsec turned to his science officer with an eyebrow up.

“Checking Admiral” Lenhod said as the Trill bent over the console of his science station. Varsec got up and walked over to the station. His Vulcan Executive Officer was already there. He looked up at Varsec while the science officer worked.

“You smell a trap sir?” he asked quietly

“I’m not sure SeSul“ He replied and left it at that.

“Found something!” Lenhod said jubilantly and information began to scroll onto the screen. The image was of the same young woman he had just seen on the main view screen. Information began to scroll up about her. Varsec weeded out the fluff to get the main information he needed.

Fortal, Shakara Tipor
Born: Laibok Andoria
Clan: Fortal
Assignment: USS Eagle NCC – 1738
Position: Executive Officer
Status : Missing and Presumed Lost With USS Eagle on Stardate: 8152.4. Last communications with ship was notification of theft of USS Enterprise. All contact lost shortly thereafter. Ship was patrolling Romulan neutral zone.

Varsec looked at the information. Would the Romulans actually dig into Starfleet’s history to pull something like this out to use as bait? If this was a Romulan trap using a distress signal it was awfully elaborate. There were a lot easier ways to achieve the same effect without having to search through Starfleet’s lost ship files. And if it was a trap why hadn’t they used the Captain for their distress call and not the Executive Officer.

Varsec looked up to his communications officer. “Open a voice communication to Eagle same channel. Inform them that we are a federation vessel and are in route to assist them. Then get me Starfleet operation’s Admiral Jamison I’ll take it in my ready room. You got the Conn Sesul maintain course and speed.” he nodded to his exec.

Admiral Shaaded then walked briskly into his ready room to talk to Starfleet Operations.