Lt. Commander
# 11
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Why the hell is everything on a time-limited setup anyway? Make the damn invasion go all the time. Set the 'bonuses' for STFs to randomize.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framesplicer View Post
I guess I don't see why having them on Weekends AND Wednesdays is bad thing.
It comes down to one thing, unless the Devs have a better explanation. Personally, I think the slip of "weekend" bonuses was a mistake by Cryptic and this is their way of "covering up" the mistake.

Probably a majority of the players play on the weekends not on mid-week days. They don't want you grinding extra EDCs on the weekends, they will find a day of the week that most people will be busy in real life. Hence they can officially say, look at these bonuses we are giving you. The Sales team wants to be able to publish "we got these cool things for you", but the flip side is they don't want you to have a weekend to get the double chips.

By the time you go to school/work, come home and take care of the family/after school activities, homework/studying for end of the week exams, etc., Wednesdays are pretty well booked solid. I don't think Wednesday midnight to midnight was chosen randomly by Cryptic. I also can't fault them either, Cryptic is a business, they don't want to "give" away too many chips before F2P, and they want to use this time as a way to gauge how to provide "new stuff" without really providing "new stuff". We see that with the change of the days on this, and the way the Jem'Hadar ships were rolled out that this will probably be business as usual with Cryptic, now a subdivision of Perfect World.