Lt. Commander
# 151
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
. . . the overwhelming feedback we're getting is that people really like the Winter Package and how it was put together.

(snip)

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Really? Where is this feedback coming from? I would honestly, sincerely, truly like to know. Because the forums and in-game chat are ablaze with virtually nothing but overwhelmingly negative feedback regarding the Winter Event, to say nothing of the T3/T5 debacle. There have been no public polls, no feedback forms, nor even a post-purchase survey that have presented themselves actually asking the playerbase what they think of everything being churned out right now. So again, and meaning no disrespect here, I am intruigued to know who these shadow figures are that are being 'polled' on what the community thinks of these things. Because they're clearly not playing the same game the rest of us are.
Lt. Commander
# 152
12-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Really? Where is this feedback coming from? I would honestly, sincerely, truly like to know. Because the forums and in-game chat are ablaze with virtually nothing but overwhelmingly negative feedback regarding the Winter Event, to say nothing of the T3/T5 debacle. There have been no public polls, no feedback forms, nor even a post-purchase survey that have presented themselves actually asking the playerbase what they think of everything being churned out right now. So again, and meaning no disrespect here, I am intruigued to know who these shadow figures are that are being 'polled' on what the community thinks of these things. Because they're clearly not playing the same game the rest of us are.
As has been mentioned before, the feedback that they are reading is the other numbers that D'Angelo mentioned -- specifically, that 40% of the people who logged in the past week bought at least one Red Gift Box from the C-Store, and that of that 40%, 8% puchased more than a 'casual amount' of red boxes, and 1% apparently put their children into hock and pawned off their furniture. (I kid!)

This is what Cryptic considers 'feedback', and... I can't bring myself to fault them. It's valid, and it matters to them, and it speaks louder than the forums at their most flammable no matter if you consider the forums and zone chat to be a vocal minority, majority, or in between.

Well played, Crytpic. Well played indeed.

(I guess the days when "If you build [a fun game] they will come (and pay you for it,)" are now in the past.)
Lt. Commander
# 153
12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
i hate the winter package. still buying them due to the fact i want the ship badly.
I think this says absolutely everything you need to know about the positive feedback they're getting.
Lt. Commander
# 154
12-14-2011, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't mind the fact that the ship was ultra-rare if it wasn't overpowered. As it is, I've taken it as a sign to simply ignore pvp from now on, because more are no doubt coming. The Ultra-rare overpowered ship is also what convinced me not to get the lifetime subscription. I was on the fence about it, but this makes it quite clear that providing value to subscribers is not Cryptic's core revenue or design model.

The ship does provide value to the people who have it. The very existence of this ship hurts the game experience of those who don't have it, who are the bulk of the subscribers. Cryptic is okay with this because satisfying those few is more profitable that satisfying the many. Which is a valid business decision, but it means that as a subscriber who does not invest in being one of the few, my happiness is not substantially more important than my happiness as a non-subscriber who does not invest in being one of the few, so why subscribe?

(The Devs themselves probably do care, but because major decisions come from above, subscribers will be an afterthought.)
Lt. Commander
# 155
12-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Okay.....you took my money for the Sub....where's my stipend?
Lt. Commander
# 156
12-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
My God, man.

Do me a huge favor. Take that time-and-a-half and treat yourself. I don't care what people think of you, Cryptic, or PWE. Anyone who works those kinds of hours deserves a little indulgence.
God I wish more of the public thought that, My average work week is 48hours and soon its going to be moving up to 56. All I hear is how I make to much money and my retirement is too good.