Lt. Commander
# 31
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
...if by "underlying issues" you mean people making poor decisions and/or removing the blame from their own shoulders and squarely onto Cryptic's?
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

As for the FE's, I suspect they are somewhere between what the two EP's have stated. It was my observation that Dan used to like to hype things up and always left us with a the feeling that good stuff was just around the corner.
Stephen on the other hand seems to take the other approach which gives us the impression that things aren't quite as far along as they are. I suppose that way if they run into a problem this buys them time to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
The big prize for the event is a JemíHadar Attack Ship. Each Red Holiday Gift has a chance of awarding this starship, a Holographic Bridge Officer, or a number of other excellent items. You can get a Red Holiday Gift by playing in the event, or you can purchase one in the C-Store (under the name Winter Package). This is our first attempt at releasing an ultra-rare game item, and the hundreds of players who have unlocked the ship absolutely love it.
While the thousands of people who have lucked out after spending boatloads of cash are furious.

I'm surprised you even mentioned the holiday event, since the Red Holiday Gift as a reward is virtually non-existant.
Now if the chance of getting a Green, Blue or Red box as a reward was equal, then it might actually begin bordering on fair.

But the biggest problem with selling Red boxes is that you are cheating some of your customers out of their money by having them reward "Blue Boxes" which have zero value in C-points.
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
With Season 5 released, the development team is now starting work on the Dominion Featured Episode series for February.
Hahahhahahahahahha - whatever. Too little too late
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-13-2011, 05:26 PM
This will sound harsh but if the foot->mouth thing is going to happen every time there's one of these blogs then Cryptic needs to stop opening its mouth except to apologize, concede to at least some of our requests, or state the release of patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What? I thought this was early in development a LONG time ago? And how long is the planned down time between FEs from now on?
I was wondering the same thing... and posts like this one make it all the more confusing. In it, D.Stahl mentions he already played the first episode of FE series 4, and implies the rest of the episodes require minor work for completion. That's back in July 2011.

Did they scrap all that work and start fresh? If so, What possible reason would they have for doing so?
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
With Season 5 released, the development team is now starting work on the Dominion Featured Episode series for February. They are still early in development, but we should have some early art and sneak peeks available in early January to share.
Maybe I'm smoking something or maybe I'm just plain old fashioned stupid. But haven't we already seen video of in-game footage from a complete but unpopulated Bajor cityscape designed for the Dominion FE not to mention a full on Cinematic talking about a hand staying closed too long becomes a fist or some such about how the prophets saved the Sisko but now must release the Jem'Hadar ships....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuh
I was wondering the same thing... and posts like this one make it all the more confusing. In it, D.Stahl mentions he already played the first episode of FE series 4, and implies the rest of the episodes require minor work for completion. That's back in July 2011.

Did they scrap all that work and start fresh? If so, What possible reason would they have for doing so?

No, it's as I said in a post a few weeks ago that magically went un-noticed by the dev team and therefore not responded to. I linked to the STOked feature regarding the FE and even the timestamp where it appears.

I specifically said that it was (essentially) a falsehood that the episode was far from ready considering what we've already seen. They obviously think we don't have access to Google or memories beyond a few weeks...Now he either has no idea what's going on in the trenches of he's lying to us or they for some reason totally scrapped weeks/months of work and have decided to start from scratch.

Or this is an attempt to convince us that the FE being delayed until just after F2P launch wasn't intentional as it appears to have been...
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuh

Thanks for digging this up, mate! I was looking for it when I commented before.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuh

Not only that, but in the same post Dstahl mentions 2 new "Ground Fleet Actions" which were close to ready-to-go. What happened to them? This overall silence, and "blogs that tell nothing" is infuriating to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E.Hunte
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

As for the FE's, I suspect they are somewhere between what the two EP's have stated. It was my observation that Dan used to like to hype things up and always left us with a the feeling that good stuff was just around the corner.
Stephen on the other hand seems to take the other approach which gives us the impression that things aren't quite as far along as they are. I suppose that way if they run into a problem this buys them time to fix it.
At least Dan would come into the Forums and engage us directly. Stephen won't even show his face so to speak in here. Just lets stuff out like he is doing press releases. Pretty sad for someone in charge of a community based game. They have hired Dan back to head up the foundry team but he is needed back here more. If not just to help retaine players. He at least had a direction. Right now the game seems to not be going anywhere but to it's end. also the fact that the new forums mod is directly with PWE is detestable.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
look people, if you're mad because you spent a ton on the gift boxes, THAT'S YOUR FAULT. YOU are the one who spent the money, not cryptic. so stop blaming them for YOUR poor choice.

also, we've been waiting for the FE for most of a year already. A few more, whether they were playtested as Dan said, or just starting as D'Angelo says now, DOESN'T MATTER anymore.

as i see it, some of you are justified, but the majority of actions i've seen from the more 'emotional' are just plain spoiled and/or selfish. it wouldn't hurt to be more mature and patient, pushed over the edge or not