Lt. Commander
# 41
12-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
look people, if you're mad because you spent a ton on the gift boxes, THAT'S YOUR FAULT. YOU are the one who spent the money, not cryptic. so stop blaming them for YOUR poor choice.

also, we've been waiting for the FE for most of a year already. A few more, whether they were playtested as Dan said, or just starting as D'Angelo says now, DOESN'T MATTER anymore.

as i see it, some of you are justified, but the majority of actions i've seen from the more 'emotional' are just plain spoiled and/or selfish. it wouldn't hurt to be more mature and patient, pushed over the edge or not
Its Cryptic's fault that a blatantly overpowered ship is not obtainable by any other means.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Its Cryptic's fault that a blatantly overpowered ship is not obtainable by any other means.
and yet, by paying money through the grab bag, you're only encouraging them... so it's your fault as well (metaphorically, i know you haven't payed for the grab bag)
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
And don't want to see this lottery crap like you did with the Jem'Hadar ship ever again in the game.
You mean the thing that seems to be making PWE/Cryptic the most money in one lump it's seen since the mad scramble for Lifetime Subscriptions before launch? Yeah, that's not going anywhere... (I'm just glad it wasn't for anything I personally wanted.)
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Because this totally justifies poor decision-making and lack of personal responsibility.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Next thing you know crafting will be changed to where you have a % chance of getting a very rare. As well as getting ships or maybe both. Obviously if this is all well received then the devs need to start reading the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
My theory on why the fe is been started over; for the f2p build of the game they used a months old build. Maybe the new FE is not compatible with it and basically needs to be redone.

Proof of it, look at all the bugs that creeped up again that where already fixed in the last few months that are back.
Example, the klingon shipyard, once upon a time it was missing the complete middle section in space under certain gfx settings, then it was fixed a few months ago.
Now it is again broken in exact the same old way.
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Because this totally justifies poor decision-making and lack of personal responsibility.
This. I've been really harsh in my criticisms of Cryptic over the course of the F2P beta, but let's not blame them because people couldn't fight off the urge to spend ungodly amounts of money when they *had to have known* that odds of getting the ship wasn't worth it.

If anything, those that spent ludicrous amounts only made it justifiable to run more grab bags.
Lt. Commander
# 48 Bah Humbug...
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Hundreds of players happy with the "Bug-Ship" ??... I don't think so.. I've seen Three, (in-game), & a few on the exchange for "silly" amounts of EC's... As for the chance of getting one via the "race", yeah right !!..
I've run that thing over 50 times, & have only received One "Blue box", & the rest have been Green..

The Four "Red" boxes I purchased from the Cstore, ALL had "Blue" boxes inside of them, as did more than half, of the Thirty (30) "Reds" I received as compensation for Cryptic "short-changing" my conversion of Emblems et al...

As has been stated many times, only a SMALL percentage of players lost out in the conversion to Dillithium, so why in the hell didn't those of us that have spent months & months & months "grinding" for our emblems etc. get the "bug-ship" outright as a "one-toon" BOUND unlock ???

With a little over Three weeks of this "event" left, I will have the "chance" of winning a ship via the "race" another 190 odd times, but I'm not holding my breath, as I like living too much... & NO, I wont be spending ANY more RL money in the Cstore, or converting my Dillithium to Cpoints in the hope of getting a ship, or any other future "Grab-bag" exclusive piece of "virtual" shiney either....

Christmas spirit ??? = NO
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
This. I've been really harsh in my criticisms of Cryptic over the course of the F2P beta, but let's not blame them because people couldn't fight off the urge to spend ungodly amounts of money when they *had to have known* that odds of getting the ship wasn't worth it.

If anything, those that spent ludicrous amounts only made it justifiable to run more grab bags.
Correct.

I don't approve of what Cryptic did, I approve even less of people spending money on it and then criticizing it.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post

And before anyone says it: yes, some people do have addictions. However blaming cryptic for someone's gambling addiction is like blaming Jack Daniels for someone's alcohol addition(not my original quote but a great one!).