Lt. Commander
I am way more happy now.

Well, let's take a look back.

When Season 5 was introduced, something that I already suspected by playing on Tribble happened.
The whole grind philosophy has completely encouraged me to play alts anymore.
There was simply no way I had the time to keep 9 different characters up to speed with new gear, dilithium, lore accolades and what not...
That made me unhappy.
I love my alts...

So I returned to my original toon and neglected the others.

I pulled all resources, gear, credits and dilithium from them and made my main (who is for the first time truly a main character) the best I could.

Now I still hated that my alts were sitting there unused and not really contributing and the little roleplayer in me likes their different "personalities".

What I did, was promote my main to an actual Admiral in command of his own task force.
I transferred my old bridge crew off to other assigments whereever and recruited my alts into my mains (now) elite crew.
It was the first time I actually bothered to equip them with top notch purple gear down to the last man.
With all their pooled resources no problem at all.

In a way I can play all of my alts now at the same time. And if I ever feel like playing a single one of them, I can just pretend to send them off on an assiment and play a Boff... How cool is that?

Next step will be recreating my alt's top ship to switch into when the situation calls for it.
Can't wait to make the Odyssey into my new flagship though.

So now the pressure to constantly min max manage almost a dozen different characters is gone. No longer a need to replay/grind every FE if there is a new special reward to be won.
Although the alts are still incredibly usefull to help with grinding stuff like the jinglebells and scarves in Winterwonderland.

Only one toon of mine remains, that I couldn't faithfully recreate. There is no way to copy a freed borg Klingon drone on Fed side. But that's ok, 1 alt on KDF side that is still autonomous is not that bad an idea.

Timelord, happy STO player.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Yep. Season 5 cured me of (excessive) altoholism too which no other game has managed to do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Sorry for my bad english, but what you are saying is that you can play with more than 1 character at same time ? It would be very nice with we can have more than 1 ship to control or have alt chars being BO´s, first officer... that´s possible?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurogenesis View Post
Sorry for my bad english, but what you are saying is that you can play with more than 1 character at same time ? It would be very nice with we can have more than 1 ship to control or have alt chars being BO´s, first officer... that´s possible?
He is saying that he doesn’t have time to play his alts, so he made bridge officers that look like his alts on one character. That way he can role play with them (not play them directly) on a regular basis which is more fun than grinding all his alts separately.

The concept of having multiple ships at one time was discussed as a possibility in the future. However this is likely far down the road whenever they start discussing the possibility of letting players become Fleet Admirals. Currently Vice Admiral is the top rank.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2011, 07:37 AM
thank you for your reply, now I understand
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Season 5 made me much happier as well. With the complete eradication of all that is Star Trek from Star Trek Online, I have begun playing a different game. There is a more intensive grind in that game but there is a completely logical, story-based, and lore compliant reason for that grind. What's more, it is a PVP game where I have NEVER before enjoyed PVP but there I love it!. It has two fully developed and active factions battling it out on a near constant basis.

I can only hope that someone in the future will make an ACTUAL Star Trek MMO since I love the franchise so much. I'll keep checking the forums here to see if anything resembling Star Trek ever returns to this game. Sure it looks graphically like Star Trek, but scratch the surface and there is nothing of what Star Trek really is to be found.